Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-14-2002, 03:15 PM   #1
MuzzyMatt
Founding Member

Default Re: What Size Victory? 600? Openbike? Twin?

The right tool for the job is the phrase that comes to mind. I ride an '01 Mille and bought it not for the extra 10th of a second, but rather just because it felt good beneath me. I used to have a CBR 600, but compared to the Mille, it felt like a scooter.
MuzzyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2002, 03:16 PM   #2
Zapata
Founding Member

JB -- spare us the sight of your sunburnt pecs and zip up those leathers! Good piece, though. Just wish I could afford the Mille R.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:23 PM   #3
bobbob_3
Founding Member

Thank you. That was an entertaining, thought provoking read. (And for me, worth the wait.) Is an R6 (or any 600) all you need? Yes: if track, mountain twisties, or concentrated road work (riding one-up) is what you seek - and you fit on the bike. Touring, enjoying the view beyond the tarmac, riding with a more relaxed purpose or carrying more than your wallet require more options.

But the real crux of the biscuit here is logic versus emotion. Logically, a 600 (in the color you like) is all you need. EmotionallyÂ… the options spin off into the sunset, fueled by cues from personal experience and desire (and fanned by advertising grist.) Logic without emotion buys you a Civic. Emotion without logic buys you something Italian. Somewhere in between, Billy, is a bike for you!
bobbob_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:46 PM   #4
KPaulCook
Banned

Default If these bikes were women

The 600 is like the girl you dated/lived with in college. She is fun, forgiving, flirtatous, and she goes with you anywhere. You love being around her but you are arognant to think you can do better' Too bad you are young and stupid.

The R-1 is your trophy. You go out with her when you are going through the young upwarding mobile stage. This is the one use to impress people. In private she can be a ***** and she only does what she wants. Going camping is out of the question, she only wants to be on a track where she can show off her beauty and legs. You are desperate to marry this one so you ignore all times she scares the crap out of you.

The Millie is the girl you go out when you on your worldly kick. You are bored with the locals and she is the one with the foreign accent. She is like the 600 but you don't have the money or class to keep her but what a ride. The R-1 without the baggage.

Hey I am not going to make the same mistake twice, I am keeping my ZX-6R for awhile. She is fun, forgiving, flirtatous, and she goes with me anywhere. Great article mind me stop and think about why I ride. Good to see again BLM.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:52 PM   #5
KPaulCook
Banned

Hey I am just glad he is alive and kickin. I thought I was going to have hire Mark Furman to prove I had nothin to do with his diappearance. Hey Mr. Cochran you are fired.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 07:19 PM   #6
chrisek
Founding Member

Perfect timing on this article! I am keeping my friend's '02 GSX-R 750 in my garage (I ride an '01 ZX-6R) and I just can't understand how 600s (supersport) can beat these things (in supersport trim, not superbike) on a race track. It is so physically smaller than my bike, the motor rocks, and I think it weighs the same as mine! I'd like to see you guys hit the streets again with a GSX-R 600 and 750 and see what is up as I am super curious. Great article. Yes, I do love my 6R.
chrisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:40 AM   #7
speedsport
Founding Member

Don't cha' just love JB's Conway Twitty hairdo?
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:20 AM   #8
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

(in a very fast left with an R6 Mini-missile right up our tailpipe)

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:23 AM   #9
CONMAN
Founding Member

Great article! It reminded me why I used some common sense and bought a R6 instead of a bigger bike. The overall package of the 600's for the money and performance is hard to beat. If anyone reading this is torn between what size bike to buy, then swallow

your ego and go for the 600. You won't regreat it. Great idea to birng Burns on the crew. A big reason why I subscribed.

Keep the great articles coming!!
CONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:28 AM   #10
CONMAN
Founding Member

Yea, I know I spelled regret wrong. That old

fast typing finger got me again!!

Oh well.
CONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote