Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-17-2002, 08:56 AM   #51
Gabe
Registered Member

Default More Data for the Nerds:

Check this out: http://www.afmracing.org/results_search.html

Look at the lap times of the 600 superbike, 750 superbike, and open superbike classes. These are modified streetbikes, and at Sears Point, they all have similar times across the board. Makes you think, doesn't it?

It seems that the only reason for larger/faster bikes is to satisfy one's personal vanity. And that's OK. If everybody had to ride the same bike, differences in riding ability would embarrass most into a different sport. So keep riding and buying what turns you on!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2002, 09:09 AM   #52
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Give me a break.. Problem with 600s?? You are so out of touch. re you a Harley ri

Perhaps you should go into therapy to do something about your Harleyphobia. If you don't get it under control you will soon be seeing a Harleyrider behind every bush.

Old 06-17-2002, 09:18 AM   #53
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: What Size Victory? 600? Openbike? Twin?

Methinks that perhaps the most important factor here is tire adhesion. A heavier bike cannot go through a turn as quickly as a lighter bike on the same tires. So on a fairly tight course a lighter bike should have an advantage. The bigger bike's power should give it the advantage on a faster course. Since the 1/4mile times of a good 600 and a liter bike are less than a second apart there is not a huge difference anyway.

The main problem with 600s is simply that the engines turn so many rpms day in and day out that their longevity is generally not as good as a literbike.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:38 AM   #54
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Give me a break.. Problem with 600s?? You are so out of touch. re you a Harley ri

Actually I see Harley riders following me on the freeway but they never can catch me.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 09:49 AM   #55
KPaulCook
Banned

Default From < 1000 to 14000 Rpms in second gear the new 600rs rule

I guess I am calling you both uniformed or lying (i suspect lying flame baiter) If I had to I could use just 2 gear I live in Seattle very hilly. (sorry flat lander but anything east of the Denver is flat). I grew up in Colorado at 6000 ft and went back there with my ZX-6R. (see minimes comment in the ZX-6R vs Ceptor review (http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompa.../01vfr6r.motml)

which I experienced the same. . I weigh 6' 200 lbs. and I have never been in a situation were my bike didn't have enough torque. Go ride em instead of lie about em. Harley dude

Old 06-17-2002, 09:54 AM   #56
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Just read this.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompa.../01vfr6r.motml. You guys are lying about that you have ridden new 600s you only really have ridden Sportsers . I suspect the Fuel injected 600 bikes have no power loss at high altitudes. At sea level my ZX-6R can beat any stock Harley and I wouldn't have to shift it out of second gear. In fact I'll even start out in second and still win.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:11 AM   #57
motoCG
Founding Member

Default Re: Just read this.

Dude, you are showing you ignorance with your responses (again). Fuel injection does NOT compress air! You WILL get power loss at higher altitudes with a 600 or any other air breathing engine, fuel injected or otherwise.

motoCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 10:24 AM   #58
Ricardo_1
Founding Member

Default Re: If these bikes were women

Yes. But alas, we all have our taste in women. I've played with the college girl, won and lost the trophy and danced the forbidden dance with the exotic lady. All have given me much fun and pain, so what have I learned. Nothing. I still miss the college, pine after the trophy and ask the exotic ones to dance. Perhaphs that's my problem each and everyone has so much appeal, it's just too hard to settle on one.

But, what you ask is my ride today. Well, I've done my best to mix the three together. She's stout and dependable, fast and furious and best of all just exotic enough that all the guy flash a gander. Triumph Speed Triple, that's what she is. You have to be man enough to step outside the box. What she don't have I don't need, and trust me no one passes her without a longing look....
Ricardo_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 10:27 AM   #59
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Just read this.

Hey dude did you ever hear of the computer. Computerized fuel injection compensates.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:47 AM   #60
KPaulCook
Banned

Default A quote from MO about EFI

"Thanks to its metered fuel-injection, the Honda maintained its composure as the altitude increased. At " Metered means using sensors to compensate via a computer. http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompa.../01vfr6r.motml. In engineering school we call it a closed loop control system. Maybe you Harley guys only get open loop systems; kind of like your vibration control systems (rubber engine mounts)