Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-03-2002, 05:04 AM   #141
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: There's a new girl in town Mr Buell and she speaks the Queen's English

Yeah the Japanese are shaking in their boots! LOL Wonder how many 600's in the showroom that are collecting dust they are melting down to make the new ones?? I think when you grow up and get your drivers license, you should buy one.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2002, 05:08 AM   #142
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Buell vs. Ducati 900 Supersport

Go to a motorcycle salvage yard and you'll see what it is full of. Japanese bikes. No Harleys, Ducs or any Euro bikes. Why is that? Jap bikes are disposable just like tampons. Use them and flushem.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 05:13 AM   #143
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Go to a motorcycle salvage yard and you'll see what it is full of. Japanese bikes. No Harleys, Ducs or any Euro bikes. Why is that? Jap bikes are disposable just like tampons. Use them and flushem. Sure, they're repairable but when the price of the parts exceeds the resale then you have to make a choice. Should I repair this piece of crap, therebye making the original manufacturer happy since the parts are so expensive or should I take it to the Jap bike grave yard. The junk heap ends up winning.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 06:22 AM   #144
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: There's a new girl in town Mr Buell and she speaks the Queen's English

Longride you are my favorite Gray Pony Tail Brother! Be careful, I know those bikes you ride don't have good brakes and can't turn really well. See ya in my mirrors.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 06:26 AM   #145
KPaulCook
Banned

Just keep buying those overpriced "new" antiques brother. (I am a Harley stockholder). Unfortunately the Harley customer base (the Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood) is shrinking. Us squids are the new kids in town and we like bikes designed in this century. See ya in my mirrors. Squids rule!
Old 06-03-2002, 06:45 AM   #146
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Corrected Grammar and Spelling Mr. Potato Patato Head. Can you handle the big wor

Ok I still think you are Harley rider despite what you say you have.

Your points one by one
[*]1. Yes cruisers out sell sportbikes now, and they do finance my habit (thanks Tater Squared). However, my point is that as the Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood dies off Cruisers will no longer be the top bike choice of new motorcyclist i.e. Harley better put some of those outrageous profits into a motor for Mr. Buell.
[*]2. Beg to differ see new Triumph Daytona 600 on http://www.motorcyclenews.com/
[*]3. Aprillia twin is 60 degrees not 90 degrees like Ducati. It also doesn't have desmo valves etc. I am sure Aprillia would beg to differ.
[*]4. I'll bet you inherited that Norton and Triumph cause you sure sound like a Potato head to me. (If you get bored with em can you will to me)[*]

And lastly I won't waste money on the Buell but I sure hope some folks will, being a stockholder and all. Id rather read about Buells cause I like bikes with motors designed in this century. Your still my favorite Gray Pony Tail Brother . Stay clear of those SUVs one almost took me out today.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:53 AM   #147
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: I rode one

I have 2001 ZX-6R which I bought myself with money I got from saving my Daddys beer cans..

No, seriously I rode one (Buell) at a open house at Harley Dealer in Seattle. It was a Blue Cyclone.

My ZX-6R does everything better as is cheaper. The Buell shifted poorly and shook every part of my body. My Ninja is smooth and fast. See ya in my mirrors Mr Potato Patato. When I grow up I want a Interceptor. P.S. It's a good thing Harley finally used rubber mounts huh!
Old 06-03-2002, 07:51 AM   #148
KPaulCook
Banned

Good one. Thanks Dad
Old 06-03-2002, 11:17 AM   #149
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Defending the squids

From what I rode (Cyclone) and heard Firebolt. It is doubtful folks would buy these over the ZX-6 or YZF-6R. I have ZX-6R and it is almost as comfrontable as the ZX-6 but is faster, has a very adjustable suspension, etc. The Squids are a growing market better get used to Harley/Buell. The are also not the sterotype 18-25 year olds, some of us are older with more discretionary income but not likely to buy cruiser which are so popular with boomers.

To reiterate

Hey I don't hate the Grey Pony Tail Brotherhood but they can't live forever. Soon Harley will run out of folks to sell overpriced antiques to. Time for Harley to put some of those outrageous profits back into R&D and give Mr Buell a blank check for an engine. Oh by the way I am a Harley stockholder by the way. I believe they do know how to market things. However, I am starting to worry about the long-term health of my investment though and the P/E ratio is getting a little high.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=HDI.

This is why I am hard on Harley not cause I hate Harley folks (is that enough bold print for ya

Old 06-03-2002, 04:36 PM   #150
sqidbait
Founding Member

>Go to a motorcycle salvage yard and you'll see

> what it is full of. Japanese bikes. No Harleys,

>Ducs or any Euro bikes. Why is that?

Because the Japanese sold a ton more bikes than anyone else in the last 30 years?

-- Michael
sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote