Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-31-2002, 09:16 AM   #101
das
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell vs. Ducati 900 Supersport

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.
das is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2002, 09:20 AM   #102
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

I've ridden the Speed 4, and it is a gas. I think you'll like it, Johhnyb. Also, great story about riding with Jesse James in the new Cycle World.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 09:22 AM   #103
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Try bumping that old Ironhead Sporty engine up to 100 or so rear-wheel horsepower, Sarneli, then come back to us about reliability.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 09:33 AM   #104
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Hello Does the Triumph TT600 ring a bell

Ok Harley brother just keep buying those overpriced "new" 1950s bikes from harley and the joke is on you. Lets not fixate on Triumph as a company with guts how about Aprillia. They didn't even make a super bike or yet alone race it. But in 2 short years they did it. By the way the last laugh belongs to me he he cause-the cash you fools gives to Harley just show how effective their marketing is not their 1950s technology. And the more money you fools give them the less R&D they have to spend to be financially competive. LOL back at you Mr Potato Patato head!!!.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 09:56 AM   #105
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Well, I was trying to wade through the spelling and grammar errors in your post and I couldn't decipher a point. While I may not perfect in either, I at least come close. I guess you lost the argument so badly, that you switched gears yet again to somehow fixate on me. If you want to counter a point I made in the last post feel free to try again with another. So far you are 0 for 3. Maybe you just need to correct all the errors, so your last post can be comprehended. If I was not 100% correct in any point I made, please point it out. If not, please spare the board another poorly argued, juvenile answer.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:33 AM   #106
runner00
Founding Member

I will be comparing the Firebolt with the BMW 2002 BMW R1150R without abs. I don't expect it to be as good in the twisties but over all it may be a better buy.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:15 PM   #107
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

By "jap" I assume that you mean Japanese? Were you at Pearl Harbor or something?

Well lets compare your data sample of one to my data sample of one: I have never, in over 145k miles had a single mechanical failure on any of my "jap" bikes - even when ridden in conditions that should have destroyed them (e.g., offroad in the great white north, through snow, mud and gravel on my CB5504k - which, by the way, I paid $400 for and rode 50k miles). OTOH, I have rarely gotten through a sunday ride with my HD riding brethern without someone having a mechanical failure or turning around due to "it's not running right." My friends on Big Dogs, and CMC's, btw, seem to do just fine.

I happen to think HD bikes are pretty cool and I dig them - a bunch. One of my buds has a Night Train that is the tits for a sunday ride around town. If you want to own a Harley and be proud of it then I say right on bro! But you don't need to slander Japanese bikes or tech. And please don't try to convince me that HD's are on the whole more reliable than UJM's or Japanese sportbikes. That is so patently absurd that it boggles the mind. Harleys are cool, fun, visceral, and a good investment but they are not mechanical wonders.

Sayonara
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:17 PM   #108
sarnali
Founding Member

Nah, I just sold it and bought a zx1000r the sporty was still a fun bike though for what it was
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:31 PM   #109
sarnali
Founding Member

would that be your kehien carbed, showa suspended, hitachii electriced harley ? Since the last all american harley's were pre-amf shovelheads so you might hold off on the flag waveing there boss.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:32 PM   #110
KPaulCook
Banned

Sorry about the grammar, I'll work on that. You are so right:
[*]Harley is so great.
[*] Truimph sucks.
[*]The V-Rod is timeless.
[*]And the Buell is cool.

Maybe you flunked math or something cause that makes me 0-4 Mr Potato Potato Head. LOL He He He He

Loosen up Dude. I can type on this board if I want to so there :{
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote