Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-31-2002, 09:09 AM   #91
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Same Engine

Different valves and timing. From BMW:</p>

R1150GS</p>
<blockquote>[*]Valves: 8x26.5 mm intake / 8x23 mm exhaust[*]Valve timing: intake opens 1 degree before TDC

Â*Â*Â*intake closes 25 degrees after BDC

Â*Â*Â*exhaust opens 28 degrees before BDC

Â*Â*Â*exhaust closes 16 degrees before TDC
</blockquote>

R1150R</p>
<blockquote>[*]Valves: 2x34 mm intake / 2x29 mm exhaust[*]Valve timing: intake opens 13 degrees BTDC

Â*Â*Â*intake closes 25 degrees after ABDC

Â*Â*Â*exhaust opens 31 degrees before BDC

Â*Â*Â*exhaust closes 13 degrees before TDC

</blockquote>

I don't have the mechanical savvy to know how this affects power and torque delivery. Guys like me like charts.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2002, 09:26 AM   #92
KPaulCook
Banned

Default No thats two dimensional twit to you :)

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 09:28 AM   #93
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I rode one

I rode a Cyclone. There is no way it handled better than my 2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R. It also vibrated like a paint shaker.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:36 AM   #94
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: I rode one

It vibrates at idle. Anything above 2000rpm and it gets uncannily smooth for a big twin. You must have ridden it real hard.

Dude, seriously, you seem to have a real bug up your a$$ about Buell. Did Erik Buell f*** your Mom or something?
Old 05-31-2002, 09:38 AM   #95
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Hello Does the Triumph TT600 ring a bell

If that is not competing head to head with the Japanese then tell me what is. In fact a TT took part in a AMA supersport race (600cc) last weekend.

See this link to open your mind Harley guy.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompa...0/016002.motml

Harley sucks in money from you brothers but never gives anything back oops I forgot the VRod. But is already inferior to the Yamaha Warrior and Kawasaki Mean Streak.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:43 AM   #96
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: I rode one

No I just won't make excuses cause something is made in the USA. Hey harley gets so much money from you Harley Brothers who buy the overpriced ancient garbage. Does Harley put any money in to engines for Buell????? I just expected more given Harley's strong financial position. But hey as long as they folks fooled into buying ancient overpriced garbage they can maximize profit. Nothing personal about Erik. I admire him greatly just wish they gave him more tools to work with.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:48 AM   #97
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Race the Bolt and see it get its butt kicked

Race it against a stock 600 on a track like Sears Point and it would get its butt kicked. I am sure if that wasn't the case we would have Harley doing commercials bout how it kicks a Honda F4s butt. But we don't. I guess I admire Truimph for having the guts to take on the big 4 on head to head without any gimics or execuses. Harley takes the easy way out. Keep in mind this site has a lot ads lately for Buell. ;}. Given Harley's financial strength I just expected more support/R&D for Buell. Give this bike a great engine like Burns said and lower the price and you got a winner.
Old 05-31-2002, 09:56 AM   #98
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Delusions of grandeur

You are right on man. I have seen a lot Buell ads lately on this site. The bottom line is we shouldn't make excuses for something just cause its made in the USA. We should be harder on it. Harley has tons of money to put in R&D but don't ....
Old 05-31-2002, 09:58 AM   #99
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Hello Does the Triumph TT600 ring a bell

Well what place did ithe Triumph finish? I notice you said "took part" and not finished spectacularly. To go to all that trouble for a miserable finish is a waste of time and money. Harley did that in Superbike and got smart and quit. Now, back to the article 600 boy, here is the final analysis:

"If you want a good bike that's different, then the Triumph is a solid choice any owner would be happy with. And if track days are an important part of your future plans, then the Yamaha is a good streetbike with a forte' for just that sort of thing. As an overall package, though, it's surely hard to fault the Kawasaki for all-around street goodness."

See? It says if you want something "different", not equal or the best but "different". The Triumph 600 is plagued with bad EFI and poor fit and finish and also costs more and is slower. Does "last place" ring a bell? Track days for Yammie and Kaw for both, not to mention that the Suz and Honda would kick it's proverbial a$$. So, I saw the link and how did it open my mind? Well, it showed me you are incapable of admitting that Triumph is a niche company and certainly incapable of thinking outside the box. Good show to you!

Now, how many Mean Streaks or Warriors are commanding 10,000 over list these days eh? Funny how the "inferior" machine commands not only unlimited attention but an ungodly amout of cash also. Those bikes will be gone like a blip on a radar screen soon, but the VRod will be a classic forever. Gets your goat does it not? I ask again "How many "superior" bikes did Triumph sell in the U.S. last year? Now compare sales against Harley and the big Japanese four. Does "last place" ring another bell? LOL

Old 05-31-2002, 10:06 AM   #100
jsc
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell vs. Ducati 900 Supersport

Oh God. an SV650 is supposed to be a great bike, but it looks like crap parked next to a XB9R. There is nothing cheap looking about an XB9R. It is one of the best looking bikes, but still does not top the Ducati 916/998.
jsc is offline   Reply With Quote