Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Open Twins Shootout: The Street (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1190-open-twins-shootout-street.html)

MrBear44 04-26-2002 06:17 PM

Re: Open Twins Shootout: The Street

I'm glad you're free of the editor, JB. More fun to read than ever!

Duken4evr 04-26-2002 06:56 PM

Yes, unfettered Burns is a good thing.

I love the Aprilia. I own a TL. Oh well, the TL is a nice girl and so so reliable, but damn that grass looks so green over there...

KenP 04-26-2002 07:09 PM

You've got it bad, JohnnyB

Oh, yes...if you were anymore tongue-in-cheek, you would reference how much worse you had it under the thumb of BAM!

"God I hate them all"...

Yes, John, I hate the twins as well. Everytime I read a review from yee blessed MO trio about the latest and wettest inline fours, I lust about harnessing the topend surge and handling of the latest and greatest litre bike.

Then, reality sets in, and I sling a leg aboard my trusty heavily modified SV....and I realize that for us visceral types, V-Twins reign. Torque, revs to the throttle stop and premium brakes/suspenders give me the fix I've been seekin'.

I saw the Mille R at a dealership last Saturday,and all I have to say is...DROOL. Ohlins, Brembos, V-Twin rort and the ability to school the inline HP kings (in the palms/feet of the right pilot) makes me realize I've got something to dream about.

If only I could afford the insurance...oh...and riding ability.

Hang in there, John.

RickZ 04-26-2002 07:47 PM

Damn fine readin', Johnny. Keep it comin'.

Oh, and.... JEEEZ that Mille R makes me drool! Guess I'm gonna have to knock off a bank to afford one tho... {sigh} Oh well, one of these days...

Rick

SilverBullet 04-26-2002 08:35 PM

More, more, MORE!

This was very nice... but I want more!

Please don't forget to include specs and torque graphs along with the next phase, guys.

bluyzfr6 04-27-2002 04:22 AM

Videos? NO VIDEOS??? You guys are getting lazy. Id rather u wait a few more days to put a better piece together. I glanced at the 2000 twin comparo and it had MORE! I understand u do the new ones in three parts but you seem to be rushing them now. SO just so i have this right... I payed nothing for the overflowing piece on the 2000 twins(lots of pics and all the info i could handle and more) and i pay 12 bucks for a rushed piece with too much play-complaining and not enuff meaty info or pics? I hope the track and strip articles make up for this lame one. I also hope the supersport comparo is more like the old ones(with a duc to add flavor). I miss the old MO!

minime 04-27-2002 05:18 AM

Re: More, more, MORE!

That's all on the way...

alanheng 04-27-2002 06:02 AM

heh...

You can't please them all.....

Nem 04-27-2002 06:39 AM

What bluyzfr6 said is true, with bad manners.

Usual troll attitude.

Van 04-27-2002 07:27 AM

Guess I'll be the first to post the obligatory *****...

...concerning the fact that the price difference between the Mille R and the RC51 would buy a cushier seat and Ohlins goodies for the RC51, and still leave plenty left in your wallet.

When Aprilia offers a standard Mille that's still a lot more expensive than the RC51 it just ain't right to use the Ohlins-Oz wheels equipped R model in this comparo, especially since it's the standard model that's the defending champ in most Twins Comparos, including this one...