Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-29-2002, 02:05 PM   #61
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: how can you NOT hate them all ...?

Good one.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2002, 02:13 PM   #62
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Less whining more observations

I have to agree with a poster about the Brits do a lot better when comes to bike reviews. Maybe its the queen's English but they seem to put the right amount of commentary vs observation. I found the whinning to be boring. Spare us the trip details, if I wanted that I would read my mother's letter about her trip to Texas to visit my Aunt Sue Ellen.

Old 04-29-2002, 02:22 PM   #63
KPaulCook
Banned

Default A better review of twins can be had at .....

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/news.asp?News=1&ID=3282
Old 04-29-2002, 02:22 PM   #64
spotter
Founding Member

Default Re: change your own bloody tires!

There's nothing mystifying about why someone would buy one of these bikes, or

any of the latest sporting hardware.They are

quite simply the best performance bang for the buck in motoring.Just yesterday myself and

my buds put on 350 miles on our bikes with only a gas stop. The temperature was 6 degrees celcius (a little nipply), but there was

no discomfort. I don't think it would have been as much fun on a cruiser or a tourer,just slower.The bikes were a 954,R1, and a R6. Non of us were complaining about sore wrists,knees and neck, but I guess at 49 years old it's just a matter of time. By the way you guys sure complain alot about a measley $12.00. Please give it a rest.
spotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 02:30 PM   #65
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: change your own bloody tires!

Good comments I am over 40 and my ZX-6R is just fine for 100 miles. I rode a cruiser for 40 miles once. The most boring ride ever on two wheels. And the brakes ....bad bad
Old 04-29-2002, 02:39 PM   #66
john
Founding Member

Default Re: Beg to differ

I was talking about a race bike, which the TLS is not. I know they have conversions, but that doesnt mean it would make a better WSBK competitor or even start to challenge the italians on the street.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:39 PM   #67
john
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Twins Shootout: The Street

I was inferring a bike intended for competition with the bikes in the review.
Old 04-29-2002, 02:41 PM   #68
fastducatirider
Founding Member

I too agree that the Mille R will definitely win this comparo... but what about the 998S? I know its more money, but I think that one should compare apples to apples... mille vs 998 and mille R vs 998s (of course you could put the 998R in there too....) but then again I own a 916, and I'm kinda biased....

as far as the honda, since they only make one version, we'll have to stick with that.... nice bike, but i still like the RC45 better....

peter
fastducatirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 02:46 PM   #69
john
Founding Member

Default Get with the program maniac: Re: gotta love those street savvy columns...

my point is exactly as stated. respond to rascism, fine fine. i was pointing out the misconceptions that seem to get propogated throughout the motorcycle community in this case carried out in spades by your post.

the implications of riders being expert because of WHAT they ride, and the implication that new bikers are also squid. both wrong.

i really didnt care about the rascism, he was probably trolling anyway, i dont bother validating that garbage with a response.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:00 PM   #70
johnnyb
Founding Member

yow. those last couple really hurt...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote