Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-01-2002, 12:00 PM   #61
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Glydon's prose ....

i sort of get the feeling glydon has some interesting things to say. too bad he can't say them in plain english. big, confusing words and long, convoluted sentences are sometimes confused with gravity and intelligence. personally, i equate them "confusing" and "convoluted."

but maybe that's just me.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2002, 11:03 PM   #62
tedsim
Founding Member

Default Re: The Electric Motorcycle (sulfuric) Acid Test

Boy oh boy,

just had to get "personal" there didnt you Johnnyb? Just offering my opinion on your article, not you personally.....
tedsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 02:17 PM   #63
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Personally, I've got nothing against Glydon's writing. My attacks against him are purely personal, petty, and vindictive.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 03:07 PM   #64
zaldente
Founding Member

Whole lota hogwash. The feel, the sound, the wind in your hair, pulse of the engine, but the current flow, hogwash. Interesting article though
zaldente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 07:01 AM   #65
jpenrose
Founding Member

Joe Glydon is a worthy addition to your roster of scribes. His article in last month's Citybike on the history of the Honda VFR was a classic, still available for a few more days until the new issue at Citybike.com comes out
jpenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:51 AM   #66
intruderman
Founding Member

To borrow from the wisdom of Eric Cartman: "Damn hippie crap! This article really pisses me off! Screw you guys, I'm going home."
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:08 AM   #67
Andonyx
Registered Member

Default Re: An elclectic response

Actually, in addition to the resistence clarification given above, electrons hardly travel through a circuit at all, the real work is done by what's called a signal voltage, that is, electrons actually bump into eachother (figuratively) and send a kind of ripple down the line, that way even electrons currently bonded to an atom can be involved in the current flow. If only free atoms could take part in the electron flow, the resistence of a copper wire would be very great indeed.

In fact, if one actually measured the flow of an individual electron, it may well take all day to get from your outlet up to the lamp above your bed, and that's assuming it did not fall into an open electron level in a positively charged atom on the way.

Hope that's helpful.