Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-29-2002, 08:09 PM   #51
Jeff_Story
Founding Member

Default Re: The Electric Motorcycle (sulfuric) Acid Test

A good sized print (24 x 36) of that illustration must be made available. How 'bout it?
Jeff_Story is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2002, 04:19 AM   #52
johnnyb
Founding Member

click on the jimhatch illustration link and talk to the man himself.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 08:43 AM   #53
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Glydon's bio

Joseph Glydon is a bitter old crank half mad from untreated syphilus. He lives in San Francisco, and when he's not busy giving hummers to winos, he writes for "City Bike" magazine.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 12:41 PM   #54
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Glydon's bio

the crucial thing, though, is that he's able to spell "syphilis"
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 03:11 PM   #55
fizzchem
Founding Member

Jeff, what a witty retort. You should write for a magazine. Perhaps your deluded illusion of yourself will be enhanced by your courageous typing behind the anonymous keyboard.

Have fun in your miserable life.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 06:38 PM   #56
Jeff_Story
Founding Member

My life is not miserable, and I certainly don't think I have a deluded illusion of myself. That being said, my post was quite stupid and immature. Please accept my apology.
Jeff_Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 02:44 AM   #57
Poser
Founding Member

An old enough Triumph would be positive ground. Inhale that, baby!
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 03:38 AM   #58
jgiefer
Founding Member

I can't believe I contributed money to MO, and this is one of the results - idiotic, re-hashed, pathetic dribble. I am very disappointed, and I will jump on the bandwagon to join the apparent multitude of people who think it is "cool" to sing praises of worthless journalism such as this, just because the author has a rep. Having Glydon writing for MO is not a feather in their cap, as they seem to think.
jgiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 04:36 AM   #59
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Re: Glydon's bio

Given Glydon's hygenic habits and his predilection for fornicating with unconcious winos lying in pools of their own filth, I imagine the ability to spell "syphilis" comes in darn handy.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 07:16 AM   #60
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

What is it with some of you? No one is holding a gun to your head to read this article and you are certainly under no orders to agree with it or even to enjoy it if you do (unless I wasn't paying attention when they issued the orders). Do you really think that everything written here has to be completely literal and/or pander to your narrowminded tastes? Sheesh.

I understand the negative postings and some of them are cool and funny. That's what thought provoking writing does - provoke. But personal attacks on the author, editor, other posters and MO because you didn't like this piece? What's up with that? Do things that you do not completely grasp scare you that badly?

We live in a world that is essentially off-the-rack so looking for a custom fit in literature, friends, motorcycles, or nearly anything is an enterprise almost certainly doomed to failure. That's the way it works. Not everything is to everyone's tastes and that is just fine by me. One can learn a lot from things that are novel, even disagreeable and certainly expand their horizons with an open mind. Ah but that one's reach should exceed their grasp.

And please quit whining about the subscription price. The MO website contains information that ranges from straight up informational, to funny, to whimsical, to advante garde, to controversial and thought provoking. Check it out. There is bound to be something there that agrees with you. But if you just can't cope with the predominant style of writing on this site may I recommend "Fun With **** and Jane" which you will find inexpensively at amazon.com or your kids bookshelf.

Martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote