Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-23-2002, 02:32 PM   #1
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Brian and Ghezzi Reader Feedback

Finally a ride review of a Ghezzi & Brian Guzzi.

Too bad they didn't use the up graded six speed transmission. How about a reveiw of the Furia? Those that are interested can view both of the G&B bike at Ghezzi-Brian.com.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2002, 06:20 PM   #2
FrankS1
Founding Member

I was wondering why I didn't see a byline on the review, but I think I've figured out why. One or more of us readers will get so envious of the lucky SOB that gets to ride that kind of bike and write about it that he's in great danger; there are a LOT of us that would like to shove him aside and ride the bike ourselves.

yes, I have a BMW. And yes I have a Ducati. But I'd swap either of them for that Guzzi in a microsecond. When and where is it coming to the US?
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 06:26 PM   #3
LeoG
Founding Member

Excellent....We Guzzi owners Know that there is more to motorcycles than speed and power(although it never hurts) Owning a Guzzi requires one to become one with his motorcycle, it demands attention from the owner and so the bond is formed. Besides just look at it!!! it's sexy! it's Italian!
LeoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 07:38 PM   #4
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

It's pretty, but does anyone else think that the whole underseat-exhaust thing is getting a bit old? As much as I've revered the 916 and its descendants since I first saw one, and as much as it makes some sense as far as keeping them from scraping, still....

Nice to see someone small doing it all really well, though. It's inspirational, even.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 11:07 PM   #5
Huss
Founding Member

Default Cool, now test the LeMans!

Very nice. Would it be asking too much to test the new LeMans? Performance Bikes tested it this month, but I would not consider their opinions very highly seeing that the big photo of them wheelying it shows both the front right indicator smashed, the front left torn off and a little fairing damage to boot.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 12:01 AM   #6
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Interesting review. A couple of pieces of info are missing, though. Is it, or will it be, available in the US (yes, I know, MO has a worldwide audience, but I'll bet most of us are in the US)? And how much does it cost? If you have to ask, you can't afford it?
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 01:54 AM   #7
johnnyb
Founding Member

As tonight's lovely first poster pointed out, there's a nice site at Ghezzi-brian.com, with a complete list of dealers. Britalia, in Capitola, CA, has one of these bikes left, and more Ghezzi & Brian specials on order. The new Furia looks very cool, and gets the much better six-speed gearbox.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 04:35 AM   #8
Auphliam
Founding Member

Sexy? That's the understatement of the year. And take a look at that Furia(www.Ghezzi-Brian.com). That thing is downright H-O-T. I may have missed it, but anyone notice a price mentioned anywhere?
Old 04-24-2002, 05:14 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Long live these little independent guys. While the big guys have millions and millions to spend on R&D, very often it's the little guys who implement a really neat idea that the big ones would never consider. The use of the frame as an airbox to ensure a flow of cool air is brilliant. Look for the Japanese to copy the idea at some future date.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:27 AM   #10
kellybear
Founding Member

Yamaha has this feature in their Virago 250, a design that dates back to the late eighties.
kellybear is offline   Reply With Quote