Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-01-2002, 02:52 PM   #81
freecat
Registered Member

Default Re: Weight is not an issue with this motorcycle

Just saw how much gas the tank holds, that is impressive!

But compare dry weights... my point is the same. Dry weight is 463 lbs for the ZR, a full 100 lbs more than the SV at 363 lbs.
Anthropology is just travel writing about places that don\'t have room service. Sociology is journalism without news. And psychology is peeking into your sister\'s diary after your parents have sent her to rehab.
-- P. J. O\'Rourke
freecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2002, 03:57 PM   #82
DesertwolfZR7
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZR-7S Reader Feedback

Dosent matter if it would have beaten it or not. Racing is not the point of this motorcycle.
DesertwolfZR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 03:40 PM   #83
bunky
Founding Member

After getting blown away time after time on

my shadow vlx I finally parted company.

It was a beautiful,easy to ride cruiser but

I needed some speed. Having a large mortgage,two daughters,wife, SUV, and a

Porche that loves repair shops my budget

was let's say stretched. Then I found the

leftover 2001 Candy Persimmon Red ZR7

for only $5199. Wow what a deal. It reminded

me of the 78 kz1000 I had years ago.But

this bike handles like a dream compared to

the old KZ. It looks cool too. I have installed

a Two Brothers slip on and have ordered a

Stage one jet kit and K&N filter. Hope to

stop the stumbles. I plan on taking it down

to our local drag strip on street night for some

good all American tire burning fun. It is fun to

blow somebody else off the road for a change.

And it didn't cost much to do it. Keep up the

good work

your pal

Bunky
bunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 04:13 PM   #84
bunky
Founding Member

Default Re: Give me an SV any day

If I here one more praise on the swingset

framed Suzuki Ducati with that goofy looking

motor hanging down I think I will have to go

out and buy an Allstate scooter. I have ridden

an SV and I just don't see what is so great.

I will take the ZR7S anyday.

Bunky
bunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:17 PM   #85
myeager
Registered Member

I too had a VLX and as comfortable as it is , it's too small for my 6'3" frame not to mention the lack of pizazz. I bought a new '02 ZR-7S in March and have never regretted it . The new bike is smooth as silk...no stumbles. You might check with the dealer and check out the changes before you do re-jetting and exhaust. My bike hauls!!! Mike
myeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:20 AM   #86
bradbarker738
Registered Member

Default RE: Two-wheeled Buick

What was so bad about it? How many miles have you put on the thing. I mean if you "hate it", then maybe you looking for a much different kind of bike?
Old 08-22-2002, 02:55 PM   #87
TheBob
Founding Member

Default Re: Give me an SV any day

The only problem with the SV is it's size. One of the (supposed) selling points of the ZR-7 is that it doesn't make tall people feel like they should be out riding wearing clown shoes and a funny hat.

My girlfriend just bought an SV650S, and until her custom seat and lowering kit comes in (she's 5'2") the bike is mine. I'm 6'4" (yes we make a strange couple) and I've got to tell you, the SV is just way too small. When I go to shift or press the rear brake, my knees are grabbing the tank at it's widest point. Only when the balls of my feet are sitting on the pegs can I actually get my legs into the cutouts.

So that's why not everyone can ride an SV650...

That said, I'm not sure I believe the claim that the ZR-7 is good for tall folk. Maybe for the sort of tall, or perhaps tall without too much lenght in the leg. Here's why: I haven't rode the ZR-7, but sitting on one in the show room, with my body sitting forward in the seat, I can actually touch the top of the engine block with my right knee. Granted, if I'm back a little it's no problem, but what would happen under hard braking, or in that moment of glee in the twisties when your legs wrap around the tank trying to meld with the machine? In my case I literally would meld. At least my clothing would (if it didn't burst into flames). What's up with that fat-assed engine?

~TheBob

TheBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 01:57 PM   #88
joe6pack
Registered Member

Default Re: Throw in an extra stitch there doc!

I too bought an old GPz 750, an '84 model. It was a superbike back then, ruled in both factory and privateer racing in '83 and '84 until the advent of the FZ 750 and the GSXR. Those bikes had 16" front wheels, an unfortunate distraction in the mid 80's, while the GPZ was more old school in chasis design, long and stable, forgiving of novice mistakes like braking while leaned way over, just the way a fast street ride should be.

I added a Works shock, Progressive fork springs and the usual pipe and jet kit. 65 or so horsepower at the rear wheel seems like enough for sport riding, especially considering the sound it makes. I've owned many motorcycles, some of them modern, and this one is the most fun I've had. Haven't gotten to ride a ZR yet, but with the same engine and a more modern chasis, I would guess it would be just as rewarding of a suspension upgrade.
joe6pack is offline   Reply With Quote