Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-21-2002, 03:51 AM   #51
ZR-7
Founding Member

Default Re: Nah, let's not praise boring bikes

Me and the other 400 plus owners on www.zr-7.com

Philip

'00 ZR-7
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2002, 06:20 AM   #52
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Default RE: Two-wheeled Buick

Oh, no big deal. You get Gold Wings (thematically) like that every once in a while on I-86, except for the hair.
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 10:15 AM   #53
nitrofly
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZR-7S Reader Feedback

Return to Warp speed 7 please mr. sulu.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:59 AM   #54
imported_Moto_nole
Founding Member

For some of us even the two wheeled equivalent of a Buick is far far better than even the most desirable cage on earth.
imported_Moto_nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 02:53 PM   #55
CliffST
Founding Member

Default RE: Two-wheeled Buick

but you coulf probably pick up a slightly used Nissan Maxima or even an old tarus SHO for the same price. I've owned a ZR7-S for a month and a half. It's a piece a crap. It was my first bike and I hated it. If you don't have the bucks there's a ton of better used bikes out there for the same price.
CliffST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 04:01 AM   #56
zx-6r_maniac
Founding Member

Default Re: Way to be out of touch....

the zr-7 is a great bike that sells for a very low price...and they sell like hot cakes...i saw a left over from 01' naked model for less than 5k....thats cheap for a 750...if you dont like the suspension...you can fix that, same goes for the brakes. truth is that the segment of the market they were trying to reach will definitely pay attention to this bike as A VERY VIABLE OPTION. if you prefer something sportier like me ...thats great too...but in a couple of yrs im going to go to the nearest dealership and get me something like this.
zx-6r_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:57 AM   #57
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Age and skill

How bout "Old age and treachery beats youth and skill"....is that less offensive to you(LOL)?
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:09 PM   #58
hvm
Founding Member

I've owned a Fazer 600 for two years now and made some 40.000 kilometers with it. There's no way comparing it with a 600 Bandit, because handling, suspension, brakes and performance are way beyond this spiced-up Yamaha Diversion. When you're taking corners with a Fazer, it's completely neutral, going anywhere you'd like it to go without wiggling or imbalance. You don't realize what a great bike it is, until you step on someone else's and notice the difference. I've tried the YZF600 once, but the difference in power was hardly noticable and the difference in comfort was!

I've never tried the Hornet, but it's more of a fun bike, not very suitable for commuting I'm told. I'd recommend the Fazer to anyone wanting to drive to work every day and having lots of fun doing so. I haven't seen a more suitable bike for my purpose yet. You should try one, some day.

Hans - NL
hvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:15 PM   #59
hvm
Founding Member

Default "me too!"

I couldn't agree more. I drive to work every day and I prefer an upright seating position over the wrist-hurting kind. So far, I prefer my Fazer over most bikes I've seen, including faster ones.

Hans - NL
hvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 02:19 PM   #60
66_Bonnie_Lover
Founding Member

Default Re: Way to be out of touch....

I'm amazed to see the response this article has generated ..... as you may have guessed, quite a few of your subscribers are what I call "middle-of-the-road" motorcyclists, with sporting ambitions restricted to the odd dispatching of a 'vette or 2. Personally, I look forward to MO covering road tests of all the bikes mentioned below ..... the Bandit 600, the Fazer 600 (even though it's not currently sold in the US) et al ....

Thanks again ...
66_Bonnie_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote