Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-19-2002, 04:01 AM   #21
Itztli
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm a honda man, how does the 919 compare?

David: I'm also in Houston and I think the 919 is a nice bike..Looks a lot like the ZR-7...! But I'll never change my beloved ZR-7...Well maybe in 5-10 years who knows. So far the air cooled engine has been working fine in the hot weather of Houston.

Check the other reviews for this amazing bike at:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/11april00zr7.html

http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/r...review6_00.htm

http://mcnews.com.au/Testing/zr7.htm

Itztli is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2002, 04:01 AM   #22
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Hey!.. another Houstonian! That's a good point about the air-cooled bike in the H-town heat!..

Honestly folks, you could melt steel in Houston in the summer on the sidewalk.

However, that's why I proposed the "transmogrified ZX-7" motor in another post up there... liquid cooled... blah blah...

I think it'd be a killer combo.

My gut tells me the 919 is a better bike simply b/c of the motor... but that's really kind of comparing apples to oranges (liter class v.s. 3/4 liter).

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 04:32 AM   #23
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default TOSS IN THE ZX-7 MOTOR!! (re-tuned...)

I've posted this comment twice already, but just to make sure it gets some reads, here it is again.

"Re-tune" (or whatever) the ZX-7 motor, stuff it in this ZR-7, call it the ZRX-7 and you'd really have something unique in the market. That motor's R&D is long since paid for... that's the only thing Kawi has on it's side today... NO big $$ "new" things to pay off (so it seems anyway).

Leverage that, I say!

The aging Honda Nighthawk 750?... nice enough, drum brake still?.. hmmm... air-cooled too. And Honda would have no motor to fight back with on the N'hawk... to play, they'd have to come out with something -new- for that bike finally (imagine that!).. a re-birth of the 750 class??

Imagine a ZX-7 variant putting out like 90+hp in this ZR-7... wouldn't that make a nice little bike?!.. better springy-parts would be nice too, but even w/out that, STILL a nice combo methinks.

(might cannibalize ZRX12 sales??.. different bikes, different strokes I think)

Waki-Saki would/could corner the market on middle-weight standards overnight and maybe even scare the FZ-1's (aftermarket parts for the ZX-7 motor are plentiful... 'tuners' would eat this up).

Oh well.. just yammering since it's Friday and I'm bored...

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 04:43 AM   #24
crackerdaddy
Founding Member

Default Re: Way to be out of touch....

There is still a link to the glowing review of the BMW R1150R on the front page. That bike is not a race rep and MO gave it more attention than the US print mags have.

I like that this site is looking at more than hardcore sportbikes, which are fun but not for everyone.
crackerdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 05:46 AM   #25
DunlopKR
Founding Member

Default Re: How bout testing the Sv650s?

I'd interested in the SV650S too, but it is impossible to find a review/test in any magazine or website. How 'bout a review boyz.
DunlopKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 05:52 AM   #26
Sparky_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZR-7S Reader Feedback

I like reviews of the so called '2nd tier ' bikes that don't leave your wrists and butt aching. Most of us can't afford the insurance anyway, and would like to see the stigma removed of not having a race bike with lights as being some kind of second class ride. Having fun doesn't have to be expensive.

Cheers for the inexpensive thrills
Sparky_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 06:00 AM   #27
Haru
Founding Member

Default Re: Kawasaki ZR-7S Reader Feedback

gentlemen,

please accept my gratitude. I am starved for coverage of motorcycles other than leading edge sportbikes.

I have over time realized that the aderenaline rush of tunnel vision acceleration and high g cornering is only a small part of the riding expereince for me, that most of the pleasure is actually just being on two wheels, and it seems that there are so many bikes that don't make for great covers and dramatic numbers, but that score direct hits on the heart of the motorcycling spirit.

I ride a sportbike and I ride fast, and I know what that is all about. I want to know about everything else that is two wheeled.. The more coverage you give motorcycles other than the cutting edge sportbikes, and the more you get into exploring aspects of motorcylcing beyond ripping up and down canyons roads at warp speed, the more delighted you will make me, and the more willing I will be to shell out more and more cash.

Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 06:19 AM   #28
DJS
Founding Member

Yeah, I know the motor will hold up, I just wondering will it cook your legs in stop and go traffic? I don't want to bake in traffic.

David

DJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 07:24 AM   #29
pattonme
Founding Member

I think the 919 *is* Honda's answer to the missing standard market. I doubt the cb750 is going to be around that much longer. The 919 while big in the CC department is targeted at the same folk it seems. What IMO Honda USA should do is retire the cb750 (70k miles on my '95 so far) and bring over both Hornet's.

The CB750 motor is wonderfully reliable and works quite well but stacked up against the SV650 or the ZR-7 it simply can't compete on the "whole package."
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 08:03 AM   #30
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: Throw in an extra stitch there doc!

what??
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote