Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-03-2002, 12:30 PM   #51
yzf1070
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Class bikes at the Track

Smell the coffee my friend 750's are a dying breed.... Superbike racing will soon be either dead or nothing more than a battle of the twins. And with the advent of four stroke 1000cc gp racing the demise of the 750 will be even more rapid... Why do you think Suzuki is the only company who still actually puts any effort into the 750 class of bikes? Because all the other manufacturers have seen the 750's death coming long ago.
yzf1070 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2002, 12:32 PM   #52
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default What did I say?

Couldn't agree more. Are you always this mad?
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 12:34 PM   #53
ballan00
Founding Member

I am not sure if it is the most annoying thing, but it is definitely up there. Especially the fact that it pops up every time you visit the home page. They should put it in one of their cookies(as minime how) to tell them that the visitor has already been subjected to this add, and thus do not show it again. And to make things worse, a Buell??? The ultimate cornering machine??? I would much rather ride "The Dragon" on one of the 3 bikes mentioned in this article than on a Buell (unless I wanted the excercise from pushing the Buell, and the other riders I was with would wait for me at the end). Gee I would much rather pay the same $$ for a Buell that one of the 3 monsters in this article cost, and get a bike that pales in comparison in almost all areas. Not to mention the legendary reliablity Harley products are known for.
ballan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 12:37 PM   #54
jmeyn
Founding Member

Doesn't matter, really. Nothing in the comparo would keep anyone from buying one. It's definitely the looker in the crowd, at least feels faster than the Honda and wins on ergos against the GXSR. They're a lovely ride all round and the article says so.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:52 PM   #55
yzf1070
Founding Member

Default Re: What did I say?

Yeah, I'm basically a real prick

Old 04-03-2002, 12:55 PM   #56
ballan00
Founding Member

Actually I have not ridden any of these bikes. That is why I don't believe I should have any say so on which one wins.
ballan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 12:58 PM   #57
yzf1070
Founding Member

Excellent point my friend!
Old 04-03-2002, 12:59 PM   #58
Van
Founding Member

YZF, I'm confining my comments here to THIS comparo, and what they've specifically written.

I am not speaking about other tests.

According to what they've written HERE, there's no way the GSX-R could (should) lose this particular comparo.

Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:03 PM   #59
evilgenius
Founding Member

Still glad you paid $12? What do you get? An annoying eyeball ad that should not have been there according to MO's promise of lesser advertising and more content?

Good work? Show me what's changed since the subscription model (differences as far as more content, less ads, faster connection)?

If you can show me the changes according to MO's 'promise', then I'll consider the subscripion BS...
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:25 PM   #60
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: What did I say?

I didn't mean to dis you. You write great posts.