Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Open Class bikes at the Track (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1139-open-class-bikes-track.html)

jrichard 04-05-2002 04:51 AM

Re: Open Class bikes at the Track

back to motorcycles;

good article, cool eval, at least the MO guys are closer to "real world" than the print guys...

Now for the "sure to encite flame comment":

Horsepower IS NOT EVERYTHING. Look at the MotoGP contenders- they are actually limiting HP in favor of rideability. (doubt me? read this website's archives..)Rider skill, Balance and Handling are FAR more superior in the real world. Yes, it is absolutely cool to have the highest HP bike out there. Bragging rights are a staple of America. However, Anyone with a right hand can go fast in straight line. (talk to any VMax owner, and yes, they're cool) Most of us, (I hope) ride for the corners. Tell me, What feels better than carving a tight corner with total confidence, pulling away and wheelieing on the exit, only to tuck and drag your sliders on the next one With confidence? Funfunfun my friends. That gets my motor running....

My 2cents. Great $12 spent. thanks MO...

j

Van 04-05-2002 06:40 AM

Perhaps you should learn to read not only other people's posts before inserting foot in mouth, but maybe even your own posts.

Posted earlier in this thread, by YZF:

"I mean I am admittedly biased, I own a 02 R1. "

Gee, ya think??

nitrofly 04-05-2002 09:01 AM

Fair play good review - this kind of coverage is well worth the measly subscription you're charging. Keep up the awesome work.

yzf1070 04-05-2002 11:48 AM

Yeah imagine that a grown man confessing a possible fault so that other people can read it and then make their own judgements! What a novel idea. I guess what I should be doing is trying to hide my bias under the pretense that I am just looking for any inconsistencies in the way MO is conducting their reviews.

yzf1070 04-05-2002 12:49 PM

Question about the tires....

I was just wondering when did you get the lap times? Before or after putting the new dual compound 180 section tire on the Suzuki? And do you know what, if any, was the lap time difference between the two?

Van 04-05-2002 01:05 PM

Orrrrr, you could just take the novel approach of reading and actually paying attention to what a person wrote before letting your own admitted bias lead you into a talking out yer ass knee jerk response....

drthompson65 04-23-2002 04:42 PM

Re: Times seem dodgy.

bharriet,

I didn't say I "raced" on Hwy 9, I "rode" on Hwy 9. I race at Laguana, Sears point, Button Willow and Thunder Hill.

GregGorman 05-02-2002 07:02 PM

Good review. It'd be nice to see how the 600's compare vs. the 1000's. I endurance raced a G1k last year in WERA and had some pretty good showings but I would swear I would have been faster on a 600.

Who's the nut locking up both tires in the videos? Roland? Show off. Nice trick.