Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-04-2002, 07:40 AM   #91
nee_dragger
Founding Member

Default Re: Open Class bikes at the Track

I agree with JMEYN (entry level 2 post down), you should start with something a little less excessive than a GSX-R1000. Something like.....say, a used Suzuki 400 Bandit! Learn the basics like throttle control, proper lines thru a corner, entry / exit speed, and corner speed. Then graduate to something bigger, 600 CCs or higher.
nee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2002, 07:57 AM   #92
z3ro
Founding Member

Yay!!! A good workout of Open Class Bikes. I do not care for fuzzy cushy feelings when I am on a bike. That is what a car is for. I like the paces that the bikes were put through.

z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 07:59 AM   #93
caderider
Registered Member

The only reason I can see for anyone using these ads is that they must be very lucrative as compared to the other, 'static' ads. I noticed that weather.com used recently a racecar flying around the screen, totally blocking what I wanted to read - I quickly closed that window because that ad annoyed me.

I will use & have used static banner ads for items that I was looking for or wanted more info on. Making/using an annoying, take-over-the-screen ad simply discourages me from choosing that item.

B
Old 04-04-2002, 09:46 AM   #94
ballan00
Founding Member

Yeah. And the poor bastards are having to walk barefooted in the snow, uphill both ways, to do it.

Poor MO.
ballan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:56 AM   #95
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Several people have asked me if MO is worth subscribing to. I told them yes, that you had the best bike tests on the Internet. In fact, your tests are better than most print magazines, at the same level as Sport Rider, which has the very best sportbike tests in the U.S. I felt validated for convincing these folks to pony up for a subscription after the excellent open class shootouts. Good work (even if you did censor my post about Busa Boy's unsavory sexual habits).
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 10:32 AM   #96
HyperBusa
Founding Member

"Why do you think Suzuki is the only company who still actually puts any effort into the 750 class of bikes? Because all the other manufacturers have seen the 750's death coming long ago. "

Am I the only one who thinks this sentence makes absolutely ZERO sense? I guess one interpretation could be "Suzuki is stupid."
HyperBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #97
Van
Founding Member

YZF, do us all a favor and quit presuming to know what biases those of us whom you don't even know may or may not have!

(You have no idea which bikes I or anyone else here favor, nor which ones we've ridden, nor how well or poorly, so shut the hell up.)

Do us another favor and drop your own anecdotal crap, since by the same irrefutable logic nobody cares about your incomplete critiques because who the hell are YOU, to us?

I don't know you, I have no reason to accept your credibility whatsoever. For all I know you're another in the endless line of dumbass posers I see in my dealership every freaking day, one of these dinks who can't ride worth a watery turd. Nevertheless, because they've wobbled around on the bikes in question they suddenly feel qualified to comment on aspects of motorcycling so far beyond their limited experience that they might as well be discussing their weekend sexual interlude with Britney Spears!

Are you one of those guys??

You could be, for all we know.

Lastly, do us all a favor and take a "Reading Is Fundamental" course. Reading comprehension doesn't appear to be one of your strong suits.

Please, if you would, cut and paste the portion of my post where I describe my personal feelings and experiences on these bikes. (See, you're accusing me of "bias", meaning I have a personal stake in this AND a preconceived and firmly fixed, one sided opinion.)

Look hard. Look all day.

~pssst, YZF, c'mere...~

YOU WON'T FIND ANY SUCH BIAS!!!

Why? Because all you'll see are my comments regarding...............what M.O. POSTED!

I wasn't the one who originated any of the performance #s or the opinions expressed in this story. I've merely pointed out what M.O.'s scribes have written, and how what they've written indicates that the GSX-R is easily winning THIS test.

I'm not quoting YOUR personal test, nor am I quoting here some other magazine's test. I'm not expressing my opinions here on my OWN personal test, either.

No, I'm only commenting on THIS test.

According to what Burns, Hack Fu and Minime have written here, the GSX-R is handily winning this test, yet their scoring doesn't reflect this fact.

The only editorial comment I've added of my own was a supposition as to WHY their scoring doesn't reflect what they've written, ie, my opinion that if the year models of the bikes were reversed so too would be the scoring, based on the .

Now, do you still wish to pursue this? I only ask because according to what YOU'VE written (at least in this thread), you're starting to come off as a bit of a moron....

Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 02:56 PM   #98
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Seru says: "I'd bet that an SV650 would be a big hoot. "

It is!
Old 04-04-2002, 06:57 PM   #99
12er
Founding Member

The reason suzuki is still focused on the 750 is due to the TLR being a pig and not competitive thus it was fazed out. If it was competitive it wouldnt be powering the V-Strom, it would be winning races. So with no contender to challenge the V-Twins they had to fall back to the 750 just to compete. That and all the shared design between the 600, 750, and 1000 saves a lot of dough. Its just a matter of time before the 750 is a memory. Well unless a rules change saves its butt, highly unlikely though. Watching WSB the front runners are more and more twins, the writting is on the wall...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 02:50 AM   #100
yzf1070
Founding Member

Perhaps we should hold a vote of our own and find out from everyone else who is the moron. You are so disturbed that anyone might think your bias that you take the time to write a full page of insults to prove you are not???? You must be right however, I must be a moron for even honoring this senseless thread with another post.
yzf1070 is offline   Reply With Quote