Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-30-2002, 06:38 AM   #81
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Open Sportbike Shootout

You make more sense drunk then some of us do sober. I'm posting a request to MO staff to re-post some guidelines for repsonses. See main thread.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2002, 06:49 AM   #82
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default To MO Staff, especially JohnnyB

Please post MO standards for response courtesy. We're getting a lot of content-free diatribes. Being called an idiotic troll or dipstick for an honest, reality based post is a real pain.

Most of these responses are great, much better than before. I know you're reviewing them and weeding out some of the nastiest, but a hyperlink to your posting policy would be nice. We could refer to it when answering some of these mean critters.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 07:18 AM   #83
Huss
Founding Member

Default RE: unrelated but need help!!

In 2 hours time, your bike could easily have that 168 miles on it. So think of it this way, you are getting $700 in your pocket from someone who has borrowed your bike for 2 hours.

I wouldn't worry that it was traded so soon, there could have been a bunch of reasons like he suddenly decided he wanted a Ducati, a Harley, a 954, his wife got mad at him etc. It still has the full Honda warranty so you shouldn't have any mechanical issues. Take it for a test ride, this shouldn't be a problem since it is already "used". if it feels good, get it.
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 07:23 AM   #84
CanuckBusa
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Open Sportbike Shootout - fixing R1 vibes

have you got one of the new 02 r1s? yes, i do long stretches at times down the highway, at 80mph. the old r1 had enough tingles that i figured if i had it, i would want to do something about it.

but i'm not sure how good those weighted bar ends work.
CanuckBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 08:35 AM   #85
hackfu
Founding Member

Default Re: More videos!!!

Theres plenty of onboard footage of both the GSX-R and the CBR from their respective first ride stories. As for the tone of the article, we were trying to get across just how fun these bikes where. Hope that helps...

p.s. we have more onboard footage from the GSX-R coming soon.
hackfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 08:42 AM   #86
hackfu
Founding Member

Fatal flaw? Hardly. But when you're talking nanometers here, thats all that you're left with. You'll notice even with its, "fatal flaw" that I still picked it first. I would do it all the same again and again.
Old 03-30-2002, 08:49 AM   #87
hackfu
Founding Member

Default Re: Unsatisfied with test.

Putting or removing hardware on a bike for the street portion is a faux-pas for us. We put on luggage because we needed it. No sense in wearing the same boxers two days in a row. For the track the most we'll change in regards to hardware is the tires.

We voted on what we thought was the best streetbike. The winner of that vote came out to be the 954.
Old 03-30-2002, 09:11 AM   #88
hackfu
Founding Member

Sorry 'bout the lame video. We were riding for two days, so if you think about it, a couple of minutes of video will not do justice to ANY of these bikes.
Old 03-30-2002, 09:20 AM   #89
hackfu
Founding Member

Nope. Compared to these guys, I'm chopped liver. Compared to chopped liver, however, I am a 20oz. medium-rare slab of delicious, juicy prime rib. hhuhuhuhhhuhuhuh . Which reminds me, I'm getting hungry....
Old 03-30-2002, 10:39 AM   #90
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default The final splat - Re: Year 2002 Open Sportbike Shootout

Yeah, that's it. There is a three way intersection somewhere on S22 and it's wicked roads any way you go. Man, I think I might move back out there.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote