Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-29-2002, 08:09 PM   #61
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Open Sportbike Shootout

Hell! I was jittery because Hackfu left us out of one corner then parked it in the middle of the next one!

Naaah. He was riding well, though I was a bit concerned. The road was pretty dirty and he was just throwin' the GSX-R in there. He'd do the bob and weave thing in a few corners, but he says he was just ridin' the thang. And since he didn't fall off and he went so well today at Fontana on these bikes, I'd have to say he (maybe?) knew what he was doing... even if his chosen path interrupted mine.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2002, 08:13 PM   #62
Huss
Founding Member

Which leads to the next request, are you going to test these bikes against the Mille R and 998 Ducati?
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 08:13 PM   #63
minime
Founding Member

Jimmy the Fishstick is a great guy and we loved having him on board with us for our jaunt. A real character and a true enthusiast, he doesn't give himself enough credit for how well he rides, trying to keep up with the crazy lot of us jaded journos.

We'll keep him around, methinks. If for no other reason than to smoke him on his own bike. Tee, hee....
Old 03-29-2002, 08:19 PM   #64
SilverBullet
Founding Member

I am not disagreeing with your post in general but I'd like to make a point:

Not for ALL of us the faster bike is the better bike. I honestly don't care in the least who "wins" a comparo, but performance alone is not enough to define the better bike of the bunch (and I am not saying the Gixxer isn't).

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 08:24 PM   #65
Huss
Founding Member

So far all the comments I've read of yours have been rude and insulting. It's easy to shoot off your mouth and criticise others; maybe you should try to say something a little more intelligent next time?
Old 03-29-2002, 08:26 PM   #66
Huss
Founding Member

My previous post is addressed to skidmark, not Van.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:05 PM   #67
Meeatch
Founding Member

Ah yess, one or two or three or four or more? too many rum and cokes has led me to post my first post ever as an mo reader at 2:0- am est, even as i am a loyal one at that and for the last few months a paying loyal reader. I will offer ithis disclaimer that will probably make no sense that i will probably make very little sense in this rant about what my next bike will be after the verry loyal 2000 R6. I commend the mo staff, they express their opiniors with individuality and as such i hav to consider each of their positions on the best of the best liter class street bike s equally. yet, i concede theat i am biased: yamahas have treated me so well that i am compelled to choose them as my nest new motorcycle, but the comparotest pursuades me otherwise. what really is the best bike for me? in yamaha i trust, but honda and suzuki also provide compelling argumentns. what the hell? i think there is something to ba said about these litercomparouberbiketests: <blockquote> IT IS YOUR DAMN CALL! <blockquote> i may be drunk but i can still do the html thing so that meeans that i can still make semi0rational decisions. You go and sit on the bike, take it for a test ride, decide if you can afford it, then get what you want. mo only points you in the greneral direction, you have to make the final decision for what is best for you. i am sure thos it obliviours to everyone who is reading this (and i am sure is thinking to themself that i am an idiot) but why go on and on about what the hell is the best bike out there? the only person that theat applys to is you, so keep your opinions to yourself and make decisions based on what you know will work best with your riding style. sorry again if i made no sence, you can only expect so much from a guy who has been drinking at 2am. keep it real -mitch
Meeatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 09:12 PM   #68
minime
Founding Member

The plan is to do the Open Sportbike Shootout, then the Open Twins Shootout. Then, I think (remember, John runs the editorial ship now so what we do editorially is up to him) the 600s and then the Best of the Best--some might call it a WSB Shootout (Open twins vs. GSX-R750, for instance).

Somewhere in between all that will be the Sport Touring shootout as well as, um, I dunno. Ask John...
Old 03-29-2002, 09:16 PM   #69
minime
Founding Member

Default The final splat - Re: Year 2002 Open Sportbike Shootout

After going up and then coming down Palomar, we took S22 down into Borrego Springs. That's the road I think you're refering to. Along the way we hit a number of other less-traveled roads that will have to remain Top Secret for now...
Old 03-29-2002, 09:40 PM   #70
stormcloud
Founding Member

I'd rather have the front lift than the wheel spink - I'd be able to deal with a mono (by which time I'd be accelerating damn fast anyway), but a spinning tyre in an emergency situation is darn dangerous and SLOW!

I think you are missing the point somewhere.
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote