Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-01-2002, 04:47 AM   #111
blademan
Founding Member

Default RE: unrelated but need help!!

Don't buy the 2002. It weighs more than the 98-01 model and has the same HP. Find yourself a 98-01 model. One can be had for 6-7k in mint condition with low miles. The 2002 model lost the gear driven cams. Oh yeah, the VTEC is just a bunch of hype, it does absolutely nothing. The 98 model and 2002 model make the same hp, get the same gas mileage, but the newest one weighs 20-30 lbs. more depending on who you read.
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2002, 05:59 AM   #112
Bat_Matt
Founding Member

Default Re: To MO Staff, especially JohnnyB

Some MO members have moderate ability, so it's not necessarily the staff that doesn't dig yr posts.

Matt
Bat_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 06:33 AM   #113
Lobotomy_Boy
Founding Member

Default Re: 954 is the new luxo-tourer

I suppose it would be ridiculous if you're a big fat ***** cruising up and down the freeway on a Hayabusa, but I wouldn't have a problem taking the 954 on a cross-country trip. I'd just avoid the freeways and ridiculous buttfisters like you.
Lobotomy_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 06:50 AM   #114
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: To MO Staff, especially JohnnyB

Most MO members have lots more ability than I do, and that's why I'm here. I don't care whether a responder digs my posts; I do expect some degree of civility and some reason for a nasty reponse.

What's your problem, Matt?
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 06:56 AM   #115
yzf1070
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda 954 vs GSXR-750

Yeah and while you guys are at it could you publish an entirely new website devoted entirely to me and what I want... I'm a capricorn about 6'1" 250lbs brown hair blue eyes and I like long walks on the beach alone because I am the only person who matters to me.... Before we get into a big flame fest I'm just teasing ya but re-read your message and tell me it doesn't sound like that!
yzf1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:15 AM   #116
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Open Sportbike Shootout

So Plummer has no say in what goes on in his own site anymore?
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:37 AM   #117
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

The only reason the 954 isn't as wheelie-prone as the R1 is because the Honda is a bit down on torque/power compared to the R1. Drop the R1 motor in the 954 and you will have the same problem, perhaps even worse, due to the slightly lower weight of the 954 chassis. From what I hear, the GSXR will also easily lift the front wheel under power alone in spite of the slightly longer wheelbase and forward-biased riding position. Any of these supersport replicas have wheelbases short enough that weight transfer provides enough traction to lift the front tire well before the rear will spin, given enough power and decent pavement conditions.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:41 AM   #118
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Year 2002 Open Sportbike - Numb Gixxer front end? How the Gixxer can win.

The only real way to decide is to ride the three yourself. Don't put tooooo much stock in road tests. I believe the MO people are giving their honest opinions, but moto-journalists often severly put down the bike they loved most LAST YEAR. They get to ride cutting edge stuff, and they don't have to shell out their own cash, nor do they have to ride these same racer replica torture-racks day in day out for years on end.

The 1964 CW Triumph Bonneville Road Test says that the bike has more power than anyone can handle. Then the 1965 HD Sportster test says the same thing. Then the '74 KZ900 test says the same thing.....ad infinitum.

Too much hairsplitting going on. All these bikes are really good bikes, including the Z9R. Get the one YOU like and to heck with anyone else.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:34 PM   #119
jmeyn
Founding Member

Can't we talk you out of this, hackfu? Perhaps a little help from Honda or Suzuki?

I like your final comment: It fits me..

That's what it's all about.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:41 PM   #120
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda 954 vs GSXR-750

No, it sounds like a wishlist submission. I don't think he expects custom comparos. I'm a Virgo and just imagine the kind of comparos I'd like to see.