Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-26-2002, 10:53 AM   #51
rsalas
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Openclass Shootout, Part I

well, stock a zx9r will still smoke a r1 or 929 or 954. thats from the factory
rsalas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2002, 11:11 AM   #52
SDMahan
Founding Member

I agree with this post. There are probably a lot of readers looking for a new bike and waiting a few days to include Kawasaki would have been worth it to them. And like other posts already stated, it won't win the track tests, but the street comparison would have been worth the wait.

I already bought the '02 ZX-9R, so to me it is a moot point. I fought with myself to buy the Gixxer, but when it came down to it, for the amount of street time vs track time it will see, the ZX-9R won my vote.

I look forward to seeing your "non-shootout" review of the 9R when you get it. Who knows, maybe it will be even more detailed than it would have been if it was included in the shootout
SDMahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:11 AM   #53
z3ro
Founding Member

I love the site but you are all being big wussies. The Honda is the lightest "But slower" and it might win. Come on now!! A ZX6 is lighter and slower.

The Suzuki should have won last year on this site, similar to the way it trounced the R1 everywhere else. The complaint about the GSXR is that it is too much bike. Forget pansies, go get the miniskirts and ride a scooter.

The complaint was that the Suzuki was only the best bike in the best riders hands. Come On People!! You can take the Honda eat tail lights all through the mountains.
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:17 AM   #54
6R_kawi
Founding Member

I hear some good points about the work required to maintain a site but the funny thing is that there is much more out there that is equal to or better than motorcycle online and it is still free. I find it amusing that content oriented web sites think that they can make money at our expense.
6R_kawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:24 AM   #55
ballan00
Founding Member

I am not saying that they should have posted the entire story, but they:

A) should have waited "a few days" for the zx9

B) should have included a bit more information in their "teaser". At least some ergo specs that Motorcyclist and such provides.

As far the the kawi goes, I am not a huge Kawasaki fan (I currently own a yzf), but I am interested in how the 954rr compares to the zx9 as far as ride comfort goes. Motorcyclist said it is just as comforable as the zx9, but they ALWAYS say good things about Hondas (go figure).

I understand how tough it is to make money via web sites. I am in the industry myself. My issues with why I feel I was ripped off:

A) I was promised a coupon for $11.94 of Comp Accessories, which did not work

B) MO did nothing to fix my problem

C) The web site lacks the professional appearence of what I think a pay site should be (links don't work, etc.)

D) I love watching short video clips, but the video link gives me an error every time I click on it.

E) Many of the reviews just seem to be hastily thrown together

F) Often a MO writer will comment that he will look into something, and then they never do (I was very curious as to whether or not the zx12 comes in blue)

What I would like to see in the future:

1) more squidly video clips

2) more bike information such as measurements

3) web site where everything works damn near all the time

4) longer more detailed teasers

5) more shootouts; heck put the gsxr1000 against the ex500 Ninja, I just enjoy reading bike versus bike stories; I would really like some comparisons putting 600s vs. liters vs. open (zx12, 1100xx, hayabusa) vs. superbikes (998s, rsv milles, etc.) vs. etc.

6) Bike vs. Car (I love to see cars get the s#*! kicked out of them by bikes; Maybe put a r1 against one of theFerraris you guys all drive that I hear about)

Peace Out

- BA
ballan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:29 AM   #56
ballan00
Founding Member

Oh yeah, more product reviews would also be nice:

- tires

- exhausts

- riding gear

- etc.
ballan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:31 AM   #57
whitetrashrobot
Founding Member

Examples??

Due to my umm...job...I spend a lot of time surfing the internet and I've yet to find a site as good as motorcycle online...

There's nothing out there with a comparable level of content (quality and quantity)...at least I haven't found anything so I'd love examples...
whitetrashrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 11:39 AM   #58
squidly
Founding Member

If you can find a 98 Busa you had better take good care of it because you will have the only one ever produced.
squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:05 PM   #59
squidly
Founding Member

Forget the $1100 that you can save by purchasing an 02 9R and get a leftover 01. I just picked mine up last month for $7999. There is nothing that can touch the performance for that price.
squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:24 PM   #60
99R6
Founding Member

Have to admit... squidly, i almost missed that... very observant
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote