Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-26-2002, 04:39 AM   #11
evilgenius
Founding Member

Default Re: English refresher needed?

Ha Ha Ha! Maybe he forgot to turn on spell checker...wait, bare is spelled correctly! Sublimal message...?

You be the judge!
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2002, 04:43 AM   #12
evilgenius
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Openclass Shootout, Part I

If that's true, then Kawasaki has been done great injustice! I'm all-Honda, but damn, if the 9R beats the 954 with smaller cc's, heavier weight, and is less expensive, then K deserves more than a "scheduling conflict"!

Couldn't wait for K, huh MO? Had K been in the shoot-out, I would've seriously considered the subscription BS!
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 04:44 AM   #13
zemmo
Registered Member

Did you have to rejet, and did that fix the low-speed carb. glitch?
zemmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 04:52 AM   #14
Giulio
Founding Member

Well said & right on target.
Giulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 04:59 AM   #15
rsalas
Founding Member

yes, i rejetted and there was not a low rpm bog to begin with or after. I installed a Hindle exhaust. great sound, great performance!!
rsalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:06 AM   #16
rsalas
Founding Member

Thank god someone else notices these things!!! but you have to consider that Honda has like 10 pages of ads in that magazine, we can't expect them to be totally honest can we? I mean come on, it might affect 954 sales. It's ok, i'll be happy spending my extra $1000 dollars and spanking the black frame silver swing armed (tacky) 954's and R1's.
rsalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:49 AM   #17
Bat_Matt
Founding Member

You tease(s)! I was happily reading along when the article just ended! Ack. I don't want to read about the weigh-in. I want to read the test.
Bat_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:50 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Let's not go off the deep end here. I've not noticed that MO plays the ad revenue game like CW or Motorcyclist. That's how you get those paid trips to Japan, etc. Wait a few years when the manufacturers start to realize that the Internet has a strong influence on the bike buying public. When we see the MO guys being wined and dined like the CW jerks, then you will know.

I'm willing to take hackfu at his word for now. It's a bit premature to start seeing conspiracies. We'll see what they have to say about the K down the line.
Old 03-26-2002, 05:53 AM   #19
Jay_Mack
Founding Member

Hmmm. Why not just call this the "Big Three Clone Japanese Open Class Shootout?" What's "open" about it?

And howcome everyone's already made up his mind, anyway?
Jay_Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 06:01 AM   #20
panthercity
Founding Member

rsalas wrote:

"with the $1100 dollars you save on the 9r you could easily drop 20 or more pounds, add an extra 7 or so horsepower and have money to spare. You would also have a comfortable bike. And if you REALLY wanted to level the field. add a 98 cc MUZZYS big bore kit and you will smoke em all. "

Yes, and if your mother had the right equipment, she'd be your father. But she doesn't and she isn't.

These are tests of the bikes as they come from the factory. Tests of the bikes as what they are, not what they can or could be.
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote