Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-02-2002, 12:24 PM   #71
Larrysupersport
Founding Member

Default Re: Further Adventures of Senor X

You suck!

Just kidding. Hey that was a great article. Made me wish there was enough openings in the Motorcycle Online staff to hire me on. Damn I didn't know this many people read your stuff. Keep up the good work. Its nice to read ALL of the feed backs that people post not just the ones that Motorcyclist wants to print.

PS I think you just may get a couple of sympathy dates out of this one.
Larrysupersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2002, 06:15 AM   #72
Bikeaddict
Founding Member

1986 isn't all that long ago is it? *****, it is. I got my first "new" streetbike in 1986..a NOS tarriff '83 GS750E. College introductory credit card maxxed out to put one on layaway then three summer jobs to pay regular bills and the payment for the bike. Now you don't see them anymore. Bikes are so much better now but you never get that first new bike feeling again. Good luck!
Bikeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:01 AM   #73
ccherry
Founding Member

Thanks, John for a good read. Better than anything else I've read it explains why one should never sell a bike. For me it's Sir5, my SR500, the decade earlier progenitor of Senor X. I'm always just about to sell it, but never quite do. I'm always glad I didn't.

-cc
ccherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 10:03 AM   #74
Bluestring
Founding Member

Burns -

I used to have a dog that was as close to me as your SRX. He stayed with me longer than any wife or child. He is gone now but I have a new wife and my kid wants to learn how to ride a motorcycle. Life gets better if you can survive it long enough!

Never give up on the SRX. It begs to have enhancements and revitalization just like the rest of us.

You've been through a lot of stuff lately, take the boat out of the slip, wander around for awhile, and catch some fish. Write your next column from Mexico.

By the way, you used "payed" for "paid".
Bluestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 09:38 AM   #75
David_White
Founding Member

Lately I have been thinking about selling my 88 Honda Hawk. Then I read the story. Guess I'll have to keep it a while longer.
David_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 11:44 AM   #76
morthrane
Founding Member

I figured I should post this, since this article was the final reason I tipped over and got a subscription... I've gotta be the only "new" rider around who's gone off his rocker trying to get himself an SRX. I have a 2001 R1 and a bashed up 2001 Suzuki Marauder... and have fun on both bikes. Now if I could just manage to find an SRX6 to buy, I'm sure that would be fun Well. I hope it would be fun anyway
morthrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 09:27 AM   #77
rmf3
Registered Member

Hi John,

Great story but I kinda' wish I hadn't read it.

I got my SRX-6 in '87 after saving for 2 years.

At just over 600 miles some creep stole it

and trashed it. It was the most fun bike I ever had; hope to find another someday.
rmf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 09:29 AM   #78
rmf3
Registered Member

Hi John,

Great story but I kinda' wish I hadn't read it.

I got my SRX-6 in '87 after saving for 2 years.

At just over 600 miles some creep stole it

and trashed it. It was the most fun bike I ever had; hope to find another someday.

Bob

p.s. Great site! Glad I found this place. The reviews are a great help as I'm looking for 1st. bike since '88
rmf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 04:33 PM   #79
lamax
Founding Member

Hey John, didn't realize you were associated with mc online till I joined. I always appreciated your work with Motorcyclist (always read your stuff first). Sincerly hope the oline deal works out for you.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:24 PM   #80
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

i guess i shoulda paid my dues earlier, this is some mighty good stuff here. keep it up.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote