Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Further Adventures of Senor X (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1092-further-adventures-senor-x.html)

Grappelli 03-13-2002 08:16 AM

Re: Further Adventures of Senor X

Well, I'm not sure I can take any more of this gushing, "you are wonderful" stuff. It took me 4 or 5 attempts to get to the "are you bored yet" bit.. so I guess I would say YES.

Just like my dislike of the "Barry Sheene talks down to us" in Bike magazine or the "I remember my 1956 Leo Sayer bike" articles in Motorcyclist, I am worried by this article. I am definitely not interested in a time that Mrs. Burns was still looking with softened eyes at Johno and hope that this is not a step into a regular reminicenses section - leading to an old man's MO. Keep it sharp, guys.. I'm not ready for slippers yet.

Lobotomy_Boy 03-13-2002 01:22 PM

Goddamn it, John, you forced me to subscribe to MO. I always liked the site, but my schedule has become so pathologically busy, I haven't had time to subscribe. Your article inspired me to dig out a credit card and go through all the bother of subscribing.

It was worth the trouble. Great job.

nustar1 03-14-2002 07:19 AM

Good Story,

'Nuf Said!

Nustar1

johnnyb 03-14-2002 03:06 PM

Fuggin, Thank You Grapelli. It's worrisome when NOBODY finds fault...jb

CBR1000F 03-17-2002 09:27 AM

Great article! This is the kind of stuff I was hoping you'd bring to the table at MO. Ramble as long as you want to.

Oh, and are we ever going to see a "Bitter Little Man" - type article?

CBR1000F 03-17-2002 02:27 PM

Oh and one other thing...

My 1st bike was a '80 Honda CM200 Twinstar - what a crappy little bike by today's standards... but I loved it and still kick myself about selling it. But honestly, it was light and narrow, got great mileage and was pretty much zero maintenance, not to mention that it could be cranked into life with a HAND on the kickstarter! Had a friend following me through my neighborhood once - my neighborhood at the time was all little side-streets and small traffic circles - and he said my pegs were throwing up showers of sparks at every corner and circle, LOL. You hit the nail on the head as to why we should hang on to our old favorites. :D

Rsduce 03-22-2002 09:43 AM

Well I just had to subscribe now that JB is onboard. Free is good, but all this for 12 bucks aint too shabby.

theris 03-24-2002 04:18 AM

John, Too cool. How about going to Sanoma in april? Long live singles!

Jamesonw1 03-24-2002 07:27 AM

What is it about the oddballs that make it so hard to part with them? I've parted with 5 motorcycles over my 26 year riding career, and I don't really miss any of them. I would consider owning a couple of the models again (Kawasaki's Concours will forever be the picture of the touring side of sport touring for those of us unable to afford bikes priced like cars). Actually, the only vehicle I've ever parted with that I actually miss is a 1976 VW Bus. No explanation on that one.

I currently have a 1994 VFR750F with about 27,000 miles, and I've reached the financial point in life that would allow me to comtemplate another bike. I do the soul searching all the time, buy something new, or add to the collection. The VFR is a damn good all around bike, and with the Two Brothers pipe and rejetting it makes enough ponies to keep me happy. Your SRX is the type of bike that makes a good addition. Something with that totally different attitude, focused and opinionated in the way it does things. I wonder if I could find a good used Duke anywhere.......

cvtulley 03-25-2002 04:45 AM

Pathetic, really, how literate many of the readers are.

I had a SRX and loved it. I had a bad back and kickstarting it made my back worse. I am now looking at the MuZ Tour, any one have any comments about it?

JB, good move to MO.