Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Further Adventures of Senor X (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1092-further-adventures-senor-x.html)

chrisjaney 03-11-2002 09:46 AM

More articles like this one

That is all.

ErricZ 03-11-2002 12:34 PM

Re: Further Adventures of Senor X

Hurah, Hurah, I'm sure John is sporting a major woody from all of us saying how great he is. Blah this, and blah that, love the boat. Yeah yeah.

Well, too bad, we're gonna tell it like it is! Burnsy, that was some awesome shiz-nit. You definitely add the beer-gut to the lack of well-roundedness that MO lacked before (not saying it was a bad thing, but you guys *were* getting pretty squidly at times. *grin*). I grew up on a boat too, love to check out the new sport fisherman.

You need to bring out the old RD350 and slag it around the warehouse for a while!

Ride hard, write easy and keep the sticky side down. Can't wait to keep shelling out for the subscription as loong as it keeps paying Mr. Burns. :-D Oh, and you won't be getting another $55 from me like last year unless I get invited out to see the new shop. ;)

pip 03-11-2002 04:54 PM

j.b. , great story. But I have a problem. Every month i would shell out the 4 dollars for the previous mag. Then one day I read about some bitter little man "striking a blow for democracy" and I thought that that was one of the best pieces of motojournalism that i have ever read . So I subscribe. Can I cancel at your previous diggs? I'd gladly fork it over to MO.

Keep writing and I'll keep reading,

Pip

unpaved313 03-12-2002 03:59 AM

So I'm reading this article on MO the other day about the launch of some new hyperbike and it tells of getting stiffed by some stupid euro-trash scribe. It goes on to tell how "a buddy" penned the MO account of the bike. I'm reading it thinking, "Damn, this sounds like John Burns." Next thing I know, Burns has jumped ship from the sinking Motorcyclist, and he lands here at MO. (Well, there's a waste of a 3 year subscription. Hey, JB... Couldn't you have told us a few months ago the the Butcher was getting on your nerves? I'd have opted for the 1 year renewal.)

Anyway, I couldn't help but smile when I thought about the whole thing... John Burns now has a "style" that is recognizable, even without his name on the byline. I know he has said that he idolizes Peter Egan, and respects Kevin Cameron, Gordon Jennings, etc... All spectacular writers, all with an instantly reconizable style. I guess I can now add JB to the group too. John, you've (slowly) become one of my favorites, and now you're proving it with every new article. Thanks! Keep that prose coming...

majmpb 03-12-2002 10:34 AM

John,

Excellent piece. Made me think of two things: That I should have scraped up the $2500 for the mint SRX I spotted for sale a few years ago. Didn't know what it was at the time but now I've grown to appreciate the concept.

Secondly, I looked at myself and realized how lucky I am to have a solid family life. And my incredible wife, who purchased me a new Ducati 998 for Christmas. And yes, she does have a sister.....

Thanks,

matt

pplassm 03-12-2002 03:35 PM

Damn, Burnsie! I've got tears in my eyes!

I have a 79 SR500 that I've had for 16 years. Lots of mods, lots of riding, and a couple of crashes. No racing, but similar memories.

Thanks, bud. Now I have to get a boat.

Or an airplane. ;-)

RiceBoy 03-13-2002 03:52 AM

John:

Wasn't sure I needed to subscribe to MO 'till a buddy told me your had moved there... I signed up immediately.

Enjoyed your article. Sounds like life may be throwing some nasty curves at you. Hope it's not too bad a situation.

I'd hang on the SRX too.

Riceboy

RiceBoy 03-13-2002 04:02 AM

John:

P.S. Nice rug! Those hand-stitched oriental types are really handy..they can almost absorb their own weight in oil.

delhomme 03-13-2002 05:50 AM

Good one, Mr Burns!

So happy to read an article on the old SRX. It was my first bike and I'd swear I went faster on that bike that either of the inline fours or the V4 I ride now. It was always my friends favorite, even after I demanded that they stop wheelying it. Best bike I ever totalled Nice bit of writing, too. Must feel good to stretch the old literary muscles. Keep it up!

tony in sf

duczoop 03-13-2002 08:10 AM

Man, was I bummed when I heard about Burns leaving Motorcyclist. John, you are the only reason I read that mag. Then I was told, at Daytona last weekend, that you went to MO. I subscribed today, sight unseen, and it has already paid for itself. I look forward to your wit and insight on a daily basis.