Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Further Adventures of Senor X (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1092-further-adventures-senor-x.html)

Jimmm 03-10-2002 06:34 PM

Re: Further Adventures of Senor X

Well you got me to finally leave a comment!! Really enjoyed

Apropos aticle for me. I have downstairs a newly aquired 500 interceptor which is the bike I last rode some 15 years ago before comming back to riding this past year. I always loved the bike and didn't care if was displacement challeged. somehow it always felt like my bike. The problem now is I don't remember all that well what it was like anymore and I can't tell if this one is running right or not but it is mine now. It looks like it will be my project for awhile.

Jim

Arrow 03-11-2002 01:33 AM

Right on Burns! I loved the story. I keep holding onto my first bike, a 1988 Vespa PX200 (OK, a scooter, it was the only bike I could get at the time, so give me a break allright). It is underpowered (12.5 horses), handles terribly but it is trusty and even has good performance compared to most modern scooters. I ride it in Cesme, a holiday resort right by the Aegean sea, where my parents have a summer house. There is something about riding an old Italian scooter through goat trails and farm land watching the Aegean sea and olive trees all the while listening to an old but trusty two stroke engine. I currently own a 2000 ZX6R which I love, but the Vespa will always have a special place in my heart.

jonlich 03-11-2002 03:31 AM

John,

You should be asking for a raise already because it was the news that you had jumped ship to MO that made me break down and BUY the subscription. Motorcyclist is a good magazine with fun articles and lots of content but frankly, Cycle World has them beat hands down in the editorial department (Egan,Cameron), it looks like Motorcyclist just lost the only one who's articles I was excited about reading each month. Anyway, keep up the good work and let us know how the Jagrolet is running.

JON

SRMark 03-11-2002 04:42 AM

Burnsie,

And to think I thought an SRX was a new-fangled bike. Sure looks like it next to my SR500. Any way, you sux! Just kiddin'. This e-zine format sure beats Motorcyclist (but I still like Egan over at Cycle World). Have a bunch of fun at MO. You already sound happier than your last few writings from your former life. See you next article.

SRMark

banda 03-11-2002 04:57 AM

Well son of a gun!

Now I understand why I have dragged the non-running Hawk GT from garage to garage all these years.

Thanks for the insight, John.

bunky 03-11-2002 05:44 AM

Dear John,

I really enjoyed your story on the SRX. I have

always loved big singles and vintage races.

I attended the AHRMA vintage flat track races

in Savannah Georgia last Friday night and it was great. There were some yamaha singles

and honda singles competing there. There

were also some beautifil Triumphs, BSA's,Nortons and a few old Harleys.

My buddy has a GB500 which is a blast to

ride. I sold my Honda Shadow and only have

a Kawi green Ninja 250 with a muzzy pipe

and a stage three jet kit with filter pods.

My friends think I'm crazy to ride it as I am

approaching 49. But when I wind it up to

14000 it just feels so good. I have been shopping for a bike all during Bikeweek but

I still can't decide what to get. Maybe I'll buy

a Walnecks and check out some vintage Iorn.

One of my favorite bikes I've owned was a

Honda four hundred four. I use to play Mike

Hailwood going to work. What fun! Well

I will be looking forward to the next story.

Glad your here.

Your Biker Pal

Bunky

Haird 03-11-2002 06:50 AM

So what you're really saying is you work in a Chopra shop?

SeanAlexander 03-11-2002 08:22 AM

Awesome...... Mr. Burns, you are my hero.

LTCUSARET 03-11-2002 08:34 AM

When you can't ride, and you can't garage race, you might as well read about either of those activities.

Sure, by and large, most of us look to the road tests to remind us of how many toys are out there and how small our bank accounts are, but listening to "war stories" is an acceptable alternative. This situation is particularly relevant when you're chained to the work station, answering e-mails, building documents, and otherwise living la vida local.

A good piece -- a little less edge than is the ALM's standard modus operandi, and the more welcome for it.

Just use your editing program and place the boat bit first and you can sell the same piece to American Yachtsman or some other alive afloat venue.

Keep it up -- the stream of consciousness is a good deal more understandable than some of the other word drunk Celts out there. (Wee Willie Faulkner and Lil Jimmy Joyce for example)

Gabe 03-11-2002 09:35 AM

Thumper Good, Racing Thumper Better!

Loved the story, JB, and I can relate well, as I have an '82 Ascot that I race with AFM. I hope you will check out the action at the upcoming AFM race at Buttonwillow on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday March 24th, and see me and my noisy green bike (http://www.garyratherphoto.com/AFM/2...02/010_10A.JPG) do battle with at least one SRX.

I hope you get it out on the track this year- why not run the AHRMA race at Sears? You'll probably be up there anyway covering the Motorcycle Days festivities, might as well do something more interesting than leading a parade of wheezing geezers through the wine country on dribbling Rudges and Thruxtons...