Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-09-2002, 07:45 PM   #31
sqidbait
Founding Member

Default Re: Further Adventures of Senor X

Well, I thought I could hold out, but as soon

as I saw the preface to the article, I knew

that I would have to subscribe.

I hope you're all happy now!

As an aside, I subscribe to most of the

bike mags, and I like this type of article

more than the reviews of the latest & greatest

hardware. So, please keep it up. To

paraphrase Peter Egan: there is no

correlation between the price of a bike

and the amount of enjoyment one can get from

it!

-- Michael

sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2002, 09:15 PM   #32
frankz
Founding Member

Can a moderator delete this post, and possibly teach this person how to post messages?
frankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 09:18 PM   #33
frankz
Founding Member

Nevermind... I found the "dipstick" button
frankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 01:09 AM   #34
Sparky_1
Founding Member

A nice read; and reminder for me that our sport is not about just having the latest, fastest, or shiniest whatever to grace the garage. Cheers for the old stuff.
Sparky_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 01:37 AM   #35
ride2live
Founding Member

Frankly, I think MO needs to look at article focus. I mean, really, how many readers are knee draggers? Racing reviews have their place put let's not forget most subscribers are casual but experienced riders interested in articles about rideability around town and country than risking life and limb on the latest fastest machine. While we're on the subject, where is a 919 or YZ-1 type bike with full upright fairing, a stretched out wheelbase and capable of removable luggage for under $10K? Seems there is a real void for an entire market segment.
ride2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 11:41 AM   #36
dwr461
Founding Member

That was a great article. I sure wish I could find an old 1974 Honda CB350G. (As opposed to the new ones.) The bike wasn't nearly as nice, but it was my first. JB you actually touched me with that story. I am very sorry to hear about your home life. Just keep on keeping on as they say.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 12:05 PM   #37
ZR-7
Founding Member

I asked the same question a few years back. All I could come up with was the Kawasaki ZR-7 for about $6,000. The ZRX wasn't for sale in CA.

I fully agree with your thought on the average rider.

Philip

'00 ZR-7
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 04:18 PM   #38
Randy_Andy
Founding Member

I've got this 63 Triumph Bonneville 650 sitting in a couple of boxes. Its been like that for 6 years. I bet that it will be assembled and renovated before christmas due to your fine article JB. Thanks for the inspiration, and the entertainment. Looking forward to reading your next article.

Thanks again.
Randy_Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 04:32 PM   #39
LCC
Founding Member

Now that is a real article about a real man and a real motorcycle. It is refreshing to hear that someone so close to the pulse of motorcycling in this day and age can appreciate a motorcycle with the character and simplicity of an SRX-6...what a cool scoot! I have dealt with the cruel comments of friends, supposed motorcyclists, for many years whenever I placed the SRX-6 at the top of my wish list. And I am only a tender 31 years of age! Don't tell my ZX-9! I'm glad to know I am not the only one who resents aging, deals with marital and professional issues, and sleeps well knowing I have captured the essence of this lifestyle that is 'motorcycling'! Keep it up.
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 05:39 PM   #40
bowtydaddy
Registered Member

Average rider, hmmm. what is an average rider I wondered? I've had a 30 year love affair with these two wheeled motorized hunks of steel and rubber and during that time I have met a varied group of motorcycle enthusiast, young and old. Theres probably a survey that breaks us all down into a category, but it's all meaningless to me.

Anyone who has ridden or owned a motorcycle probably has a story to tell. While many readers may be interested in the" latest and the greatest , as time goes by the same readers will have thier stories to tell. Senor X is more about resurrecting an old bike, something I think every enthusiast should attempt. It is very rewarding and a lot cheaper than buying a new bike. Great story!