Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-09-2002, 07:54 AM   #21
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Further Adventures of Senor X

"Pouring cash into MO?" Hah! I wish that was the case. Here's the deal:

We leased the building we're in now from the previous owner, we'll call him "Jim." Now, when the new owner--we'll call him "Deepak"--bought the building, he bought it as a (little) investment for his daughter and as a place to store some of his 4-wheeled toys in the meantime.

So, whilst I was negotiating lease terms etc. with "Deepak" we figured it'd be great if he keeps one half of the building, we get the other half, plus all the upstairs office space. He was happy with that. We agreed to terms and signed papers and all was good.

When he came by last week to make sure everything was cool--switching locks, alarms in back, moving our ex-Buell race stuff from the back half--John and I hit him up with the shower idea. It was then that this multi-millionaire said, straight-faced, "you split the cost?"

Believe me, in no way is he "pouring cash into MO." I'd say that he's a nice enough guy, but he has no interest in our little business. He's only aiding in the stability of our bottom line by, oh, about just a little more than nothing by reducing our monthly overhead with the renegotiation of the building's lease terms (which makes sense because we now have 1/2 the floor space).

Anyway, I hope that answers the question. Though, if you know any multi-billionaire who wants to pour cash into MO, please, have him (or her) give me a call. If it's a woman, I'll even throw in a husband...

Minime
minime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2002, 07:55 AM   #22
oldandslow
Founding Member

"...have I bored you yet?" - quite the contrary! I want to hear more AND I want to come work at MO!

Thanks for the great stories!

Write/Ride on!
oldandslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:24 AM   #23
zelatore
Registered Member

Bring it on! I love this kind of stuff. BTW, I finally had to give up living on my Unifite for lack of a garage...sounds like Burns has it made!
zelatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:56 AM   #24
headhunterracing
Founding Member

Default Re: Further Adventures of Senor X From the Minneapolis office

JR Hunter, From the Minneapolis desk, Im glad to see MO and Burns have now,Brought us back to our youth, it sounds like alot of motorcyclist are going out to the garge and down to the basement. Untarping there "Project" bikes that been until now something we told our buddies we were going to build some day! The day is here! now my fellow Burnies! go forth and BUILD, REBUILD and down right TINKER! fire up those poor bikes that until last week thought they would never smell the sweet smell of 92 oct. gas again! I hope this summers streets will be filled with sr500,500ascots and maybe a few lucky SRX!!

p.s. im in an ice storm and bizzard! HELP!!!!!!
headhunterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 08:56 AM   #25
headhunterracing
Founding Member

Default Re: Further Adventures of Senor X From the Minneapolis office

JR Hunter, From the Minneapolis desk, Im glad to see MO and Burns have now,Brought us back to our youth, it sounds like alot of motorcyclist are going out to the garge and down to the basement. Untarping there "Project" bikes that been until now something we told our buddies we were going to build some day! The day is here! now my fellow Burnies! go forth and BUILD, REBUILD and down right TINKER! fire up those poor bikes that until last week thought they would never smell the sweet smell of 92 oct. gas again! I hope this summers streets will be filled with sr500,500ascots and maybe a few lucky SRX!!

p.s. im in an ice storm and bizzard! HELP!!!!!!
headhunterracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 09:02 AM   #26
DaveFla
Founding Member

"Doesn't mean I won't consider all reasonable offers."

Ahh, I never saw the hook! Thanks for the larfs, John.

-Dave
DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 10:52 AM   #27
Patrick-of-the-Hills
Founding Member

Yaaag! I'll remember this for sure next time I wander past the self-help section at work.

Pray tell (if discreetly), what does this, ahem, "Deepak" person keep for four-wheeled recreation? Be kind of fun to see what abutments to TM he finds favor in.

Oh, and my preferred alternate title to his most recent tome is "Publish More, Grow Richer." Can't fault the guy for giving folks what they think they need, though....
Patrick-of-the-Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 12:13 PM   #28
davyt
Founding Member

Burnsie, et al,

Feel free to continue to trot out the touchy-feely stuff. Well, at least the feely stuff; no touchy, please, hate to give people the wrong impression, don't 'ya know. I have a dim recollection of a picture of (a youthful) J.B. standing proudly with Senor X and his kid, the latter still in swaddling clothes astride the seat.

And don't forget you've got friends--or at least fans--who want to see you get through your current tribulations intact.

Davy

P.S. Methinks you've been just a wee harsh on your former employer: Bodden's stuff is certainly worth the read and I suspect he'll only improve with time.
davyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 03:27 PM   #29
12er
Founding Member

I miss that site, great stories and a nice break from "the 2mm less rake has made all the difference in this years model..." of other sites.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 06:43 PM   #30
blademan
Founding Member

I want Burns to do a story and tell the entire breakdown of his relationship with Boehm. Please give us the story to let us know the behind the scenes of Motorcyclist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote