Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-09-2002, 05:45 AM   #61
Dom
Founding Member

Default Re: Triumph Speed Triple reader feedback

Well you got me. I spent the $11.++ dollars. The Triple did it. No one talks about this nice bike. Put the icing on the cake and report the Hard Numbers soon. 1/4 mile, 60-80 accel. ect...

Sorry I did not dish the small qty of $$ sooner.

You guys do a nice job.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2002, 05:47 AM   #62
Dom
Founding Member

Well you got me. I spent the $11.++ dollars. The Triple did it. No one talks about this nice bike. Put the icing on the cake and report the Hard Numbers soon. 1/4 mile, 60-80 accel. ect...

Sorry I did not dish the small qty of $$ sooner.

You guys do a nice job.
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 05:02 AM   #63
mtnbikr
Founding Member

I have a 99 Daytona, my wife rides a TT600. I have had a few parts needs and I have purchased many accesories between the two bike. I had a warranty wiring harness replaced. I took it in on Tuesday and was riding on Saturday. I seriously never waited longer then one week for anything I have ordered. My buddy has a Sprint RS that needed some warranty work. It needed a new head and a few other cooling parts. It took less than 2 weeks until he was riding again. I dont see where the problem is for some dealers. Unless they are worried about meeting order minimums or paying high freight costs. It may be the dealers fault instead of Triumph's. My dealer orders daily and never charges freight. Like I said, I dont know why other dealers are telling people months instead of days or weeks. Seems silly to me.
mtnbikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 06:08 AM   #64
Striple
Founding Member

I just lashed out the $11+ so maybe I should comment. (no, maybe I should shut the f**k up? Who said that?)

Anyway, This is the best review of the new Speed Triple I've found. I think I'll keep my 2001 one though.

The new bodywork looks like a ducks arse from the back. What were they thinking?

Oh, and I don't have any problem getting parts or servicing.. oops, maybe thats because I live less than 100 miles from the factory..

As for commuting.. I do every day 36 miles in London. Works for me.

I had a 900 Trophy before but that was really too big for sliding through traffic.

And too much plastic.. we don' need no steenkin' plastic!

Going to do the national rally in June on the Triple.. 540 miles in 20 hours.. maybe the SS1000 next year.

So far, done 9000 miles in 10 months and loved every one.

Striple
Striple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 08:52 PM   #65
skrump
Founding Member

I third the motion. Right now I've got my eye on both the Speed Triple and the S4. What has it been since the last shootout, 5 years now? I can think of a lot worse ways to spend a couple of days then to ride these bikes back to back...
skrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 09:06 PM   #66
skrump
Founding Member

Default Re: Tell the editor twit to zip it

Lighten Up! This isn't English Lit class! I for one love to see you guys having fun with your reviews. If I wanted a dry tech review I'd go to Triumph's website. Great job guys, now let's see that new naked bike shootout...

Jeff
skrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 12:15 AM   #67
Big_Bob_4
Founding Member

I just started my subscription this morning. I even paid the extra bucks for the "no ad" version.

If I pitch in another five bucks can I get the "no smartass editor comments" version?

I have respect for Mr. Burns. He's definitely got the credentials for this job. But as others have said, his comments were very distracting when they kept popping up in a very nicely done article.
Big_Bob_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 05:48 PM   #68
francesco
Founding Member

Looking at the engine specs on both the Speed Triple and the Daytona, how is it that the Daytona comes out with 27 more horsepower? Difference in cams or mapping? Just curious. Actually I'm more than just curious, I'm getting ready to purchase a new Speed Triple and am wanting to know how I might go about bumping up the horsepower.
francesco is offline   Reply With Quote