Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-06-2002, 06:05 AM   #21
Arrow
Registered Member

Default Re: Triumph Speed Triple reader feedback

I really like the butch looks of Speed Triples. And it is a very popular with the media, dontcha think? Movies, music videos etc...

The one Aaliyah (God bless her soul) rides in her latest video really captured my attention. Butch bike, beautiful girl, awesome pair!!!
Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2002, 06:16 AM   #22
tumbleweed59
Founding Member

The DYNO numbers look a little optimistic for "rear wheel", <4% lower than the facory crank numbers? What's up?
tumbleweed59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:20 AM   #23
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Ever heard of just-in-time manufacturing? It is essentially building items just before they are needed. Anticipating need and filling it.

Invented by American industrial consultants, but rejected by American business. The Japanese embraced it, kicked our butts with it and now we are on the bandwagon.

That stated, the British tax system does make ours look great. The French system is worse. Sadly, people like Daschle want to move America in that direction.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:27 AM   #24
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Yes MO, please do comparos of real world fun bikes. The 600SS and Open Class SS comparo world is pretty full.

The thing is, if you are looking for a fun, reasonably comfy bike to play around on, you might be thinking VFR, ZRX, Speed Triple. Heck, you might be thinking Tiger. Tough to do a test.

How about this: test a bunch of classes (600's, Open Classers, SPORT-tourers, sport-TOURERS, naked funbikes), then do an apples to oranges to kumquat test with the victors. Truly, the buyer HAS to decide between an R1 and a ZRX, strange as that may seem.

You guys are the only ones who would/could really pull such a review off. You could easily get reader's rides involved to cut costs.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:29 AM   #25
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Example: Show a video of a top gear roll-on of a VFR, Gixx1000 and Speed Triple. We've all read the numbers, but actually seeing the three do a roll-on race would be really enlightening for those of us who live in places where test rides simply don't exist.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:33 AM   #26
danch
Founding Member

When I had a little 'oopsie!' on my Sprint last year, all parts were in within a week. I did have a bit of a wait for my bags - bit of a *****-up on the TOA front.
danch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:34 AM   #27
danch
Founding Member

just for the record, what got censored out of there did not start with an 'f'
danch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:38 AM   #28
STsprinter
Founding Member

I have a 2000 Sprint ST and have ordered many accesories(7) and several replacement parts from my dealer. Most of the time the part was received in about a week and worst case about 2 to 3 weeks, not 3 or 6 months. I had a question about an accesory that my dealer couldn't answer but 24 hours later(after e-mailing Britian) they answered my question. I am very pleased with my dealer and the time it takes to recieve parts for my triumph. 21,000 miles and still riding with a grin on my face.
STsprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:50 AM   #29
xIrvx
Founding Member

Default Triumph 2.2 liter pics

not related but MCN has a couple pics of the new humungo cruiser.
xIrvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 07:01 AM   #30
tymotorcycle
Founding Member

When I rode my buddy's 2000 Speed Triple people on the sidewalk would stop in their tracks and turn around to see the marvelous machine. Either you love it or hate it. I love it!
tymotorcycle is offline   Reply With Quote