Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-02-2002, 03:11 PM   #71
flying_hun
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha FJR1300 reader feedback

It would be nice to see that comparison test before the deposit deadline. I'm considering replacing my venerable brick, but a new K12RS is a bit pricey. Been leaning towards the new VFR. This might change my mind. Bring on the comparo!
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2002, 03:42 PM   #72
xIrvx
Founding Member

Default Used FJR1300 for sale, mint.

It's all about ego. The first time some kid on an R1 drops you on the back road the FJR goes from svelte dream ride to overweight pig. I am just sour cause I can't afford one I guess lol.
xIrvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:21 PM   #73
randini
Founding Member

I plan on purchasing an fz1 when I get back from overseas in july, but am now considering changing my mind and shelling out a few extra bucks for an fjr. when i read about it last year in a european bike mag, i swore i'd buy one if it were available in the U.S. If we don't spend money on these machines that are typically european, then they will continue to keep them over there.
Old 03-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #74
slats480
Founding Member

I too am contemplating purchase of a Trophy 1200.....what's the rumor mill on the new Trophy? The FJR looks very nice but I agree about the heat issue. I test rode a Concours several weeks ago in Arizona (75 deg. day) and came back medium-rare after only 15 minutes!

No such issue with the Trpophy?
slats480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 06:01 PM   #75
cog3998
Founding Member

I'm also pink slipped in Texas. I've been checking the various FJR boards and I think the initial consinement bikes are gone. I think that most dealers got 2 consinements and I wouldn't be surprised if there are no consinements anywhere. Any shop still holding pink slips could get buyers from 3 states away tomorrow. Anyone thinking of ambling over to the Yammy shop on April 29th much less March 4th is dreaming. Does anyone know of a shop still holding pink slips?

Wayne in Texas
Old 03-02-2002, 06:23 PM   #76
Leonard
Founding Member

Did Yamaha wait too long and are they relying too much on those of us, myself probably included, willing to put down a deposit sight unseen to indicate whether or not they should market the FJR 1300 seriously? We have to decide before the end of April, before we get a chance to see and consider the biggest competition for the FJR, Honda's ST 1300. If too few are willing to buy a relatively unknown machine, Yamaha has their self fullfilling prophesy: "See, we told you so. There is not enough market in North America, so these are the only ones we will bring in. Forget it."

There is supposed to be more information on www.yamaha-motor.com, so I'll wee what else I can learn there. The information we have so far is in metric. I calculate thattt 25 liters of fuel is 6.6 gallons and 237 kg dry is 522#. It is a good thing that the steep price, head on with non abs Honda ST 1300, includes the saddlebags and liners.

How much for those heated grips?

I'm ready to sell at least two of my motorcyles for what I hope the FJR 1300 will be, and that includes my nearly new Suzuki Bandit 1200S, which has been a fine and high spirited motorcycle, with chain drive.
Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 06:37 PM   #77
cog3998
Founding Member

If anyone thinks you can buy an FJR in North America you should post it here as a public service. I think the initial consinement may be sold out. Some dealers are taking additional orders but Yammy has not announced their future intentions yet? My understanding is that they are restricting their summer production run for this consinement only. The timing of future production runs will, however, be based on the response to this offering. That appears to be very favorable so far. If you know of a dealer still holding "pink slips" you ought to notify the biking public here. If Joe's Yammihaha at Belcher Crossing has one, he will get a call Monday morning from 3 states over.

Wayne in Texas
Old 03-02-2002, 07:09 PM   #78
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Honda Parts

I've only owned 2 old (pre 1980) hondas and now my modern Ducati. When I needed parts for my 76 GL1000 they said, "What color do you need for the false tank?" and handed me a color card with all the OEM colors. Apparrently they still make and paint all the originals. Pretty cool.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #79
Reality_Check
Founding Member

Regarding Australian girls in general and Olivia Newton John in particular:

I would personally drag my sack through six miles of broken glass just to hear her pee in a tin cup over the phone. Have you ever been mellow?
Old 03-03-2002, 04:37 AM   #80
waltdog
Founding Member

Great..Now I have to sell my BMW and have 2 Yammmies....!
waltdog is offline   Reply With Quote