Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1065-2002-yamaha-yzf-r1-reader-feedback.html)

Abe_Froman 02-27-2002 06:37 AM

Christians = leftists?

Christians are not attempting to ban the movie Harry Potter. I don't know where you dug up that notion. There is a debate in Christian circles about whether those that call themselves "Christians", and truly try to act and live like it, should be taking their impressionable kids to see such a movie. FYI----I am employed by a church in the Baptist General Conference, and I have never heard anyone here make the statement that Harry Potter should be made illegal.

Setting all this aside, it's a stupid story and a stupid movie. When I was a kid, I watched "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" with my dad. I wasn't weaned on mass-marketed, mega special-effects crap.

mysterybiscuit 02-27-2002 06:38 AM

Re: 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 Reader Feedback

Spastic: adj - Of, relating to, or marked by spasms.

Spasm: n - A sudden burst of energy, activity, or emotion.

How in the world can you construe the proper use of this word IN THE CONTEXT OF A MOTORCYCLE REVIEW to be offensive to disabled people? Oh, wait... excuse me... "differently abled" people. Are you trying to HANDICAP someone's usage of the English language? Are you trying to RETARD the writer's ability to convey his thoughts and feelings regarding this motorcycle?

Context is everything. The word in question was not used in a defammatory manner. Get over it.

rossbiker 02-27-2002 06:50 AM

Not to slam you guys, but hire this man right away! An absolutely amazing piece on a very cool bike. Fantastic writing. Money well spent and all that, yadda yadda...

Might even convince me to not buy a Honda and risk the wrath of my insurance company!!!

Now that's amazing.

Ross

Cyberj10 02-27-2002 06:50 AM

Uh.....................shut up.

ggraham22 02-27-2002 06:57 AM

That would be where I read this story...

Use a printer :- )

Joe_Momma 02-27-2002 07:06 AM

Man, i have not room in my thin waist, when it's time to *****, it's time to *****. I don't have time to print.... However, I do sit there for a while to make sure everything is out, so I could use a laptop with a wireless card.

Joe_Momma 02-27-2002 07:09 AM

Re: Christians = leftists?

There was a lot going on down here in Georgia about some Christian fanatics saying that kids shouldn't watch harry potter because it would start them to practice witchcraft. That's what I am referring to.

Joe_Momma 02-27-2002 07:11 AM

I am referring to an event earlier on with some Christian fanatics (in the southeast) saying HP the movie should not be in theatres because of witchcraft. I should have specified. There is a difference between a Christian and a Christian fanatic. I am a Christian, sorry for the mix up.

Joe_Momma 02-27-2002 07:12 AM

Maybe you should check your definition of spastic.

spkrplus 02-27-2002 07:19 AM

Regarding the bike's look: I saw it at the San Mateo show in silver & black, on a raised rotating pedestal with many of high intensity spot lights. This thing looks hot! Show goers were just mesmerized by it. It is unquestionably the sharpest, most finely-honed looking street sport bike I have seen. It beats the '01 by a wide margin, & the '01 is second, with Honda 3rd. The competition just has a same-old kind of look. As far as looks go, I'd feel bad if I had recently purchased a 2001. But that seems like a slim chance, as I think they've been sold out for awhile.