Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-27-2002, 04:40 AM   #31
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 Reader Feedback

You said it buddy. I am loving them more and more eveyday (the bikes). Now, if I could just find a woman that I can stand that won't try to make me get rid of my riding habits.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2002, 04:46 AM   #32
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

I guess we can't call bikes black, yellow, red, white, or brown ever again (I don't recall ever seeing a brown bike). I'm black. Sometimes you have to use certain words to be descriptive. It's leftist like you that have people's rights taken away. What? My kid can't see Harry Potter because a Christian group says it's a movie about witchcraft? What is the world coming to.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 04:55 AM   #33
squidly
Founding Member

The term, "Squid" actually comes from the combination of two words: Squirrelly + Kid. Thus the shortened form would be Squid. The term originated on the back roads of California. It's used to describe those excellent riders who run out and by a GSXR1000 as their first bike. You can easily spot a Squid by by his dress and his bike. Usually he is wearing shorts, a tank top, and flip flops. Be careful, there are safety conscious Squids who do wear the proper safety gear. The best way to spot a Squid is to look at his rear tire. Only the center part is worn, as a true Squid has never found a corner that he likes. I don't dislike Squids, on the contrary, they can be great entertainment. Nothing is more fun then finding one on the latest wonderbike and flying by him in the twisties on your old CBRF3. It's enjoyable to sit back and listen to all of excuses as to why a smaller bike was able to get by them. So don't hate the Squid, embrace him for what he is and enjoy his stupidity.
squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 04:59 AM   #34
Haru
Founding Member

so how does the bike fit someone like me, i.e. 6'3", 220lbs? How would it work for me for one of those 12 hours on the back roads kind of days?
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 05:05 AM   #35
sennap1
Founding Member

Joe--You say "leftists" want to take our rights away, and then you use a Christian group as an example??! You're right, we shouldn't retire the term "spastic", apparently it applies to more than just bikes and the disabled.
sennap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 05:32 AM   #36
01redr6
Founding Member

It's gotta be Burns. Possibly Marc Cook, but I say Burns. If so, MO should get him to moonlight here more often.
01redr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 05:35 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

It'll work just fine. As long as you don't mind feeling like someone took a Louisville Slugger to your arms, neck, and knees!
Old 02-27-2002, 05:40 AM   #38
Haru
Founding Member

so all that hayabusas and zx-12R are good for is straightline speed? and how about big guys like me who like to spend all day on the back roads, or find very useful the sportbikes that can do more than strafe corners? I am far from willing to twist myself into a pretzel by riding bikes that mags rave about just so I can have everybody's admiration and envy. i've ridden enough bikes to know that what works for me, what brings me joy is rarely whats hot in the market and in the magazines or was hot recently.

You'd almost believe that the only bikes worth owning are the ones that magazines always talk about and the ones bench racers covet. But the reality is that there are dozens of bikes that are fantastic and are exactly what someone wants, never mind whether they are the best of any thing or the best at anything.

I don't even read bike magazines anymore. They are part of the marketing machine, on the side of the makers, not the consumers (MO being the BIG exception). They feed and inflame the buying frenzy for the latest, hottest, best because thats what sells bikes and sells issues.

Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 05:45 AM   #39
mgivogue
Founding Member

Sorry to burst your bubble but I ride a 2001 race preped GSXR600 on the track, a modified 1999 R1 on the street and a WR 400 on the dirt. What do you ride??? Let me guess a Harley want to be Royal Star.
mgivogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 06:16 AM   #40
Cyberj10
Founding Member

I agree totally, there should be 2 shootouts. One to based on performance and one based on real world everyday rideability.
Cyberj10 is offline   Reply With Quote