Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #111
bluedot
Founding Member

Default Re: R1 vs. 954 vs GSX-R1000 vs ZX-9...

Ummm ... what quotes were you reading ?

The quotes I posted mentioned the word "feel" in regard to handing half a dozen times. In fact that's pretty much what the discussion was about.

bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2002, 10:13 AM   #112
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 Reader Feedback

Nice name, squidly. Made me laugh for once today.

Also an ex marine of 1 year. SGT stationed in Yuma, az.
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 10:15 AM   #113
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

only 4 times in the quotes. I know I know. Just nitpicking.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:46 AM   #114
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Well, I have done some reading, and it seems that there is a quality control issue at Suzuki. Some say it's vague, some say it's great. I know from riding the 600 that it feels great, same for 750, but I have never ridden to 1000. May be a contracted part.
Old 02-28-2002, 12:00 PM   #115
99R6
Founding Member

THATS CRAP... MOST PEOPLE DONT BUY A SPOTBIKE FOR COMFORT.... They are all uncomfortable, so if power is not the object, why not go with the smaller, sleeker, nicest looking bike around, an R6....
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 12:39 PM   #116
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Reader Feedback

Hey, that's my trick. Internal spasms + laptop.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:20 PM   #117
bluedot
Founding Member

Yeah .. and the mystery rattles on R1, and the gearbox issues for both bikes.

You have to take that stuff with a grain of salt. I'm sure there are horror stories on both sides of the fence. I've sure "heard" a lot of horrible customer service issues from other Suzuki guys .. but every warranty issue I've had has been dealt with to my satisfaction. Same for Yamaha guys.

Not to say that either Suzuki or Yamaha has never sold a lemon bike .. but in my experience, 99 times out of 100 these factory defects are more related to bad riders and people that don't understand maintenance than it is actual mechanical defects.
bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 03:33 PM   #118
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Martin sayeth:

>>"You talk a good game, but basically you haven't an original thought between you.">"In the UK the term "spastic" when used to describe a disabled person, is extremely offensive">” BTW our UK mags are full or stories of guys going to the US and laughing as soon as they see an American Biker get to a corner...apparently you have no idea how to ride fast either!”<<

Which UK magazines are "Full" of stories on coming to America and witnessing poor cornering skills? Most of us will readily agree that there are riders who’s cornering prowess leave something to be desired. However, they are NOT representative of Americans as a whole. I find your implication that the subjective observations of an unnamed journalist outweigh the entire history of international motorcycle roadracing (where “Americans” have done quite well.) to be most humorous.

I eagerly await your reply.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:43 PM   #119
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

It looks like the system does not like the way I quoted Martin. I apologise for the jumbled appearance of my response. Lets try again.

Martin Says - ....You talk a good game, but basically you haven't an original thought between you....

I Reply - Nothing I suppose that would stack up to your overwhelming originality. I especially like the original way that you defend yourself.

Martin's original defense - ....In the UK the term "spastic" when used to describe a disabled person, is extremely offensive.....

To which I say - Where was it that the author used the term spastic to describe a disabled person in the UK? Very original, switching context to support your initial attack.

My favorite Martin - ....BTW our UK mags are full or stories of guys going to the US and laughing as soon as they see an American Biker get to a corner...apparently you have no idea how to ride fast either!....

I say - Which UK magazines are "Full" of stories on coming to America and witnessing poor cornering skills? Most of us will readily agree that there are riders who’s cornering prowess leave something to be desired. However, they are NOT representative of Americans as a whole. I find your implication that the subjective observations of an unnamed journalist outweigh the entire history of international motorcycle roadracing (where “Americans” have done quite well.) to be most humorous.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:11 AM   #120
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

I don't know, I have seen a R1 lock it's front wheel for no reason, twice, without brake preassure. It's rare but it's not the first I have heard about. 98 R1.