Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-21-2002, 09:03 AM   #31
glf5810
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 zx12r, Compared to a VFR

Amen brother!
glf5810 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Year 2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R reader feedback

Kawasaki Concours carries 7.5 gallons and has a dry weight of 595 lbs. Cheap too at $8200. Could be your bike I think.
Old 02-21-2002, 10:41 AM   #33
whitetrashrobot
Founding Member

To bad the concours looks like ass...when is Kawi going to replace that thing..?

Great idea for a bike, but dated styling and design...it does have price going for it though..much cheaper than an ST1300.
whitetrashrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 04:27 PM   #34
plastics
Registered Member

what's this about the Busa having tits?
plastics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 05:26 PM   #35
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Is Motorcyclist Magazine in Honda's pocket?

"I know magazines like Motorcyclist would never do this type of comparo, not with their editor having worked for Honda etc so this would be a good opportunity for you to show that you are different from the paper rags, you do not cater to the lowest common denominator and that you are the most credible source of information out there."

I don't know anyone at Motorcyclist, but I've been a subscriber for the past three years. If you're saying that Mitch Boehm is a puppet for Honda, then I say you're full of it. Back me up Minime.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 06:15 PM   #36
badsac
Founding Member

Default Re: DAMNED BY FAINT PRAISE!!

Insurance in Australia is just as bad, if not worse. As a result, I've never insured a bike in my life apart from third party. It's up to me to deal with the results of my riding and care of my bike. If I bin it or lose it, I pay for it. It ends up cheaper than insurance anyway.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 06:40 PM   #37
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: Is Motorcyclist Magazine in Honda's pocket?

I never said puppet, he used to work for them and in the industry you don't go burning your bridges. I think his wife does/did work for them aswell. Remember, against the entire world motorcycling press, Motorcyclist was the only magazine to vote the VFR bike of the year. And that was in the same year that the R1 first appeared, which was voted International Bike of the Year. They both of course are great bikes, but which one do you think influenced the other manufacturers more?
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:47 AM   #38
sculptor666
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R Blue

yes. candy lightning blue, same as my 01 ZX-6R. motorcycledaily.com lists the color as candy thunder blue, but they got the name wrong (and haven't corrected it yet). part one of their review is up, stay tuned for part 2.
sculptor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 01:52 AM   #39
sculptor666
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R colors

the test bike at motorcycledaily.com is blue also.... but no blue kawasakis at the motorcycle show, or their u.s. web page. next year i guess, along with the 636?
sculptor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 05:18 AM   #40
Z-Rod
Founding Member

Moving in the right direction. On the original launch Motorcyclist slagged off the bike based on it's fit and finish. I went down to the dealer and checked it out and pretty much agreed. It looked, well, crude. Now don't get me wrong I *like* Kawasaki's - have a ZRX-1100, but it wasn't near as nicely finished as that bike, even. Forget about the CBR 1100 XX, it's in another class for fit and finish.

So I'm in the market to replace the ZRX with a nice big fast decent handling bike with 200 mile range and all day comfort. This bike is a possibilty, but for that mission the Blackbird still seems like a better choice. And then if I wonder across the dealership and sit on the Yamaha FZ1 Fazer 1000 and think, huh, this bike is WAY more comfortable then the XX and ZX. Power: plenty. Range: six gallon tank. Of course it doesn't have a full fairing, but probably puts less wind on your head than the XX-ZX brothers.

Of course the FZ1 isn't a "ultrabike" in the way the ZX is ... you don't get bragging rights at the dog and suds. (But then the repli-racer crowd never liked this bike anyway prefering R1s, 959s, and GSX-Rs) The CBR is so posh it just reeks. The ZX is a classic kaw - rough, tough and a little crude, the FZ1 is utilitarian tool with a touch of hooligan.

It's great to have so many choices and I'll probably go take another look at this bike but think I'll end up buying a FZ1.
Z-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote