Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-21-2002, 07:19 AM   #21
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R Blue

Is the blue in the 12R scheme the same candy blue used on a previous ZX9R ?
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2002, 07:20 AM   #22
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: insurance is no issue

Who is your company, buddy?
Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:20 AM   #23
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: DAMNED BY FAINT PRAISE!!

I bought a 97 CBR1100XX last year, and I am forced to ride it with just liability. The lowest cost for full coverage with a $500 deductable was $4400, and the highest was $9800! I am 21, with no tickets and a no fault accident. Liability alone is still $800 a year. It is also a problem since I don't have a car. Many insurance companies won't insure a bike without a car policy with them also. Screw it, I'll just increase my coverage to include theft if I ever wreck. Then I'll hide the junk in the woods and claim it was stolen! Oh wait, that would be ripping the insurance company off, and I would never want to do that
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:33 AM   #24
Leonard
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R reader feedback

I was ready to trade in my '01 Bandit 1200S until I saw that the ZX-12R gets 32 mpg on its 5.3 gallon fuel capacity. No way to gobble up state lines with that combination. I'll stay with my Bandit, thank you, at 42 mpg. Both of these bikes need the 6.6 gallon tanks of the competition. When will manufacturers realize that in the western U.S. we need a 200 mile range for long distance travel? Does a motorcycle have to weigh close to 700# just to carry 7 gallons of gas?

Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:43 AM   #25
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default Insurance $$$

The 12R would cost me about $100-110 per month for full coverage, PIP, and all the rest. My insurer bases rates on cost of the bike rather than on class or displacement.

Shopping around is the best advice for someone with insurance woes. I have seen brand new R6's go with 18-19 year olds for about $60 per month, in their name and not their parents'. Rates mostly depend on who you go through and where you live.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:45 AM   #26
ehalseth
Founding Member

Farmers does indeed insure bikes, as I have a VFR750 insured by them for about $170/yr full coverage (and not state minimum liability, either), wife's SV650S $190.

The key is to not let them see the bikes. Their questions (really, this is not a joke) were: "Does it have a big, wide tire in the back and a skinny tire in the front? And does it go really fast?"

Answer: "Uh, no."

Anything that is not a "crotch rocket" is okay here in Ohio as long as you already have a policy with them for something else (house/car/etc.). Cost is calculated by age, experience, and cc's of the bike.
ehalseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:49 AM   #27
Andy_3
Founding Member

Default Re: Year 2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R reader feedback

At last! Kawasaki seems to have done it right. From an appearance standpoint, the bike has been refined and smoothed. The air intake has especially benefitted from the smoothing process. The color scheme of black & gold is to die for. Being a BMW rider, I cannot conceive of the performance potential that the ZX-12R represents. 167 HP and 92 Ft-Lbs? Let the carnage begin. It will take a heap o' maturity to keep it on two wheels. I can see the insurance agents cringing in the bushes when they see a college student riding by on one ... wearing shorts and sandals. I'll buy one when my dot.com stock matures....
Old 02-21-2002, 08:07 AM   #28
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Allstate RULES!

I don't think Allstate check bike types as much as the rider's age and history. They charge me the same per year for a V-Star 650 and a Daytona 955i. Full coverage runs around 300 per year per bike (I also have my cars and house with them, so that might help).

I couldn't find a better rate with anybody else in California.

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:21 AM   #29
Haru
Founding Member

Default Re: insurance is no issue

Nationwide
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:37 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, I'll be. My agent told me that Farmer's would no longer insure bikes a couple of years ago, so I went with Nationwide. I'll sure give him the what-for next time I see him.