Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-11-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
Dryfly
Registered Member

Default Re: Ducati Monster 620 i.e. Reader Feedback

Who cares about Ducati................just kidd'n! Hey, first post!
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2002, 05:42 PM   #2
sennap1
Founding Member

Now THIS is why I paid the subscription dollars.

I have been salivating over this new Duc ever since I heard about it. M.O. you have helped aanswer the burning question in my mind-- SV650 or Ducati 620 i.e.? With 750 i.e. fairing, this bike will be sweetest weekend cruiser/sports bike that a squid with alimony payments can ever desire.
sennap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 05:46 PM   #3
minime
Founding Member

Glad you like the 620 review. And with subscriptions going the way they are, we're finding out more about our reader's desires. For instance, the Foggy interview which we all loved, absolutely flopped. Racing-related stuff just doesn't seem to do well.

So it looks like we're sticking to road tests and comparisons and getting back to doing more product reviews, too.

And as for the burning SV650 vs. Monster 620 i.e. question, we hope to have an answer (comparo) for you soon.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:12 PM   #4
Eric
Founding Member

Maybe you could offer a separate link for the racing stuff -- some of us enjoy it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:42 PM   #5
vcs700s
Founding Member

I love the review of the new 620 ie Ducati. I would like to see the comparison also with the SV650. I hope you can review the rest of the new monsters soon. Ducati rocks and I hope to own one some day! The road tests and comparisons are what I really enjoy. They make the subscription worth it!!
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 07:42 PM   #6
desertbilly
Founding Member

Default 53.3 ft-lbs?

Someone might want to double-check the torque spec. The Ducati USA website is showing 39.2 ft-lbs for the Monster 620 i.e., 45.7 ft-lbs for the 750 i.e., and 53.8 ft-lbs for the Monster 900 i.e.

But I hope you guys are right. I'll buy one tomorrow if it really has 53.3 ft-lbs for $6,995 (in yellow).
desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 07:45 PM   #7
plastics
Registered Member

60 horsepower...wow...that's as much as my lawnmover.....does it have pedals too...just to make you could give it a bit of help going up the hills?

Plastics
plastics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 07:56 PM   #8
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: 53.3 ft-lbs?

Ducati, love them as we do, are all over the board on specs, sometimes. We won't know for sure what sort of numbers the new motor produces until we get one on our dyno. Thankfully, we're in the process of trying to procure a test bike right now, so (hopefully) that won't be too far away.

We'll let you know as soon as we do.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:00 PM   #9
minime
Founding Member

We'll probably do that. We're trying to be all things to all people so it's tough. Like Ricky Nelson said, "you can't please everyone so you've got to please yourself." Well, actually that quote may not illustrate my point here, though I do love the song ("Garden Party" I think).

Anyway, we'll try to provide something for everyone, and if subscriptions keep up, we have no problem taking a loss on a story if it'll make those who've already subscribed happy people and longtime MO readers.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:32 PM   #10
TheFox
Founding Member

I've got a 750 Dark, carburated, and it only makes about 60 horse too. It also weighs about 20 pounds, has wicked brakes and an incredibly stiff frame that lets my 6'3", 175 pound frame whip it around like a toy. It also looks cool and pulls the birds with ease.

I have no need for 100 horse at 12,000 RPM. Give me 60 horsies at an RPM I can use...like 6,750...and I can party all day long. Besides, I could barely ride when I got it. 100 horse would have gotten me killed. I know I can't handle that much power yet.

But I do know one other thing: I never imagined myself buying a Ducati. Now I can't imagine myself not buying another one.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote