Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-11-2002, 08:38 PM   #11
Huss
Founding Member

Default Re: Ducati Monster 620 i.e. Reader Feedback

Could you also cover maintenance costs when you do the comparo? Thanks!
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2002, 08:48 PM   #12
minime
Founding Member

Routine maintainence such as (fill in the blank)?

Let us know and we'll do our best to accomodate you. And, as always, feel free to e-mail any of us at staff@motorcycle.com if you have any suggestions, thoughts, queries or oddities you'd like explained.

For instance, Calvin is good with guns, slightly less skilled with motorcycles, and a complete train wreck when it comes to ****tails and women. The rest of us compensate for his weaknesses, as he does for ours. Between those of us on staff and our contributors and friends in the industry, there's little we can't (or won't, at least, attempt to) answer.

Well, all of the above is true, unless your question starts out with, "if a train leaves St. Louis at 8:13 pm headed east at an average speed of 47 mph, and another train leaves Denver at 7:33 at..."
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 09:41 PM   #13
Huss
Founding Member

such as the dreaded valve adjustments, carb/fuel injection synchronizations, how often this stuff needs to be done, how much one would expect it to cost etc
Huss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 11:21 PM   #14
xlr8r
Founding Member

I think you're going to make the wrong choice. The little Monster always leaves you with the feeling that you wish you'd got the bigger one - something you're already experiencing by thinking of the 750i.e. fairing - whereas the SV650 is complete in itself, and a much better all-round bike.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 01:54 AM   #15
Lowrez
Founding Member

I love racing... just not foggy. Interview someone I care about like one of the Bostroms, Edwards, one of the Haydens.

Just never been a fan of King Carl.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 02:35 AM   #16
pplassm
Founding Member

If you're trying to be all things to all people, how about some new dirt, flattrack, or trials?

Old 02-12-2002, 04:00 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Aha! But the SV650 doesn't have that cool Ducati name! And apparently posing is far more important than performance to many people. Just look at all the cruiser V-twins people buy. Even the fastest latest ones are easy meat for a 20 year old Suzuki 1100E.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:10 AM   #18
jmeyn
Founding Member

I loved the Foggy interview; it was a clear beat of MCN. When you get a chance like that you've got to go for it.

You guys should do what you like and try to bring us along with you. U.S. riders don't follow WSB, MotoGP and BSB like the brits do, but it's great stuff, and it's the cradle of all the great bikes the most extreme of us like to ride (or gently guide?) (or lust after?).

We'd like your take on the above just to keep MCN honest. Maybe just editorialize on MCN and other reporting.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:07 AM   #19
SuperSquid
Registered Member

Default Correction!!!

The Duc S4 is 916 based, not 996 base. That is the St4s that has the 996 engine. You guys need a proof reader! Wanna hire me? I will ride all the bikes you want me to.
SuperSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 05:14 AM   #20
jstein
Founding Member

I started motorcycle life as a 'cruiser' guy, but damn if bikes like the Ducati aren't making it tough.
jstein is offline   Reply With Quote