Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-08-2002, 06:21 PM   #1
SilverBullet
Founding Member

Default Re: The world according to Carl Fogarty

He he he, first post! He he he. Got to get a life.

I wonder if Corser will sign with Foggy, it has taken a while now, hasn't it?

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2002, 07:15 PM   #2
minime
Founding Member

Ok, um, should you not, perhaps, read the story before commenting on it? Or maybe next time just read the text in the immediate news post you're responding to? Like here, for instance, where there's a quote, from Foggy, commenting about how he couldn't have asked for a better rider than Troy Corser?

I have a headache.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 01:33 AM   #3
Droog
Founding Member

Maybe if this site was free like every other worthwhile motorcycle e-zine, people would take the time to read it. As it is, it's just a waste of time. All your info can be found at numerous other sites. They don't seem to have trouble providing great reviews and columns without charging people.
Droog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 01:55 AM   #4
Droog
Founding Member

Deleted my post. Cowards
Droog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:01 AM   #5
stormcloud
Founding Member

Ouch!

Now, now......settle.

Noboby forces you to join, nobody forces you to look at this site at all. You obviously still come here despite your assertions.

Does MO have some obligation to provide a totally free site? If so, what do you do for others that you dont get paid for that take up vast amounts of time.

How many sites went broke in the last few years.

Do you want something for nothing?

I was happy to pay the price of admission based on my experience with the MO site. If I'm happy, I'll pay again. If not, I wont. SIMPLE.

Interesting interview. It's good to get an insiders perspective when they dont have to be politically correct or diplomatic.

Keep up the good work MO!

Cheers!

stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 02:03 AM   #6
stormcloud
Founding Member

Sorry this is off topic.

What do you mean 'deleted my post'?

jstent@hotmail.com

Opinions welcome where appropriate, surely - as long as responses allowed.....Democracy, freedom etc
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 06:42 AM   #7
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Default Post Deletion

You weren't deleted, somebody relegated your post score down to 0 or less. Just change your threshold for low scores to see your posts if others don't appreciate them.

luvmyvfr
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 08:33 AM   #8
minime
Founding Member

I'm not sure which post you're referring to. But there are a number of our readers who we have designated as moderators. If a few of them deem a post off-topic, they can lower the score on that particular post. It will never get deleted, but if it's scored lower than whatever you have your threshold set at you won't see it. If you set your threshold at -1, then you'll see every post no matter what it's scored at.

Now, how about that Foggy interview, eh? The guy was pretty blunt and open about a number of things, don't you think?
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 12:04 PM   #9
mcjunkie
Founding Member

"Wah, MO is charging for their content"

Droog,

take yer off-topic boohoo-ing somewhere else please..
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 05:26 PM   #10
Anonymous_Squid
Founding Member

Default Will he win?

Riding is riding - outward personality doesn't make much difference (inner drive and self confidence seem to be the key).

Managing a racing team, it seems to me, is all about outward personality and interpersonal skills. Although Fogarty brings many special things - knowledge, aura, confidence, recognition - it is hard to know whether he can get the most out of his riders and operate a team.

After reading the article, I find little evidence either way pointing to success or failure. My opinion is that if he gets lucky and assembles a set of personalities that can excel with him and with each other, all of the technical and other issues will fall into place and he will win. If not, they will not win. Hard to tell right now - we'll have to check back in two years...

Anonymous_Squid is offline   Reply With Quote