Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-06-2002, 10:32 AM   #71
4in6
Founding Member

Default Re: 954 vs R1 Reader Feedback

If your racing then I would go with a gixxer 1k but if your riding the street and doing an ocasional track day you can't go wrong with the honda. My buddy has a gixxer 1k and he has had way more problems with it than I have had with my 929. Clutch basket anyone? It wouldn't be such a big deal if Suzuki backed their product more. The ony thing I have had done to my 929 is the one factory recall for the clutch. Suzuki tries to get out of every warrenty repair by saying it was operator abuse. They know people are going to ride it hard so why not build a stronger bike instead of just a faster bike. My bike may not be faster than a gixxer but its alot faster than a gixxer in the shop.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2002, 11:31 AM   #72
Poser
Founding Member

Default More heresy...

As long as we are using the VFR to bash literbikes and then using everything else to bash the VFR...

I now ride a Triumph TT600. Yes, the much maligned TT600. My brother rides a VFR. The TT does everything the VFR does and is just as comfortable, at least for me. Insurance for the TT is dirt cheap. I guess the insurance company doesn't really know what it is. Either that or slow old farts like me are the only ones who ride them. I do have to downshift more than a literbike, but really, that is the only difference under normal conditions on a real road. The premium you pay for an R1, etc. in both initial cost and continuing insurance is worth a few downshifts if you ask me.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 11:37 AM   #73
Poser
Founding Member

Guess you been sitting on the gas tank again. It isn't too comfortable there. Be careful not to scratch the paint.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:40 AM   #74
Poser
Founding Member

Default I am slow...

And inarticulate. Are we even now?
Old 02-06-2002, 04:02 PM   #75
Vook
Founding Member

I was just about to say the same thing about my '99. One litre sport bikes are too much.....
Vook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 06:08 AM   #76
pattonme
Founding Member

Default Re: Wheelies are no measure of power

> people who whine about about HP ...

You got it wrong. They can't even ride a GS500 or EX500 well.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 08:17 AM   #77
jhansen
Founding Member

Hmmm, let's see: last year you guys picked the R1 over the GSXR1000 because it was easier to ride, despite having less power everywhere and slower lap times. This year you picked the 954 over the R1 for the same reasons....I guess Suzuki should put some training wheels on the big daddy and set the rev limiter to 8500 rpm, maybe then you guys would rate it #1. These bikes are bought based on performance. PERIOD. Get it together or give me my $11.94 back.
jhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 01:18 PM   #78
rossbiker
Founding Member

They stated their reasons clearly. The Honda is a better street bike because the Honda had more usable performance, both from a skilled street rider and normal road conditions perspective. The Suzuki is just a racebike and these guys know that they're talking to street riders.

I have no interest in having something like that in my garage for car replacement. I need a bike that gets me to work and back and will also go on the occasional cross country trip without forcing me in an uncomfortable crouch the whole time.

But then I just read sportbike articles for the "neato, gee whiz" factor. I'm part of the market for the Triumph Bonneville (29 year old classics lover).

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 04:06 AM   #79
erc
Founding Member

Yeah! And my Aprilia RS250 is lighter and less powerfull that any of those!!! It's THE winner!

For me, it is! It's fun and damn safe (it brakes in a postage stamp)...

And even YOU (whoever your are) can ride like a GP bike!
erc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 08:23 AM   #80
Le_Racer
Founding Member

Default GSXR vs dirt

Salut!

My buddy did try some dirt riding with his GSXR 1000, I guess the one he had wasn't set-up for that (or it was that flat front Dunlop), anyway he's got a new one now, I'll let you know how it goes next time he try it off-road...
Le_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote