Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-27-2002, 05:48 PM   #61
IronmanR1
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda CBR954RR Reader Feedback

I was seriously considering buying a 2002 954 but it really is just a bored out 929. Wow displacement went up. That a "two pages" of cosmetic changes. Don'tget me wrong, I think this is a good bike, but it is not going to compete with the others.

And someone else said earlier that kawi was goign to unveil a new 2002 9r. Well hardly anything was done to that bike. It weighs over 400 lbs and nothign has changed on that.

I think out of all 2002 models the r1 has changed the most. A new frame, fuel injection, new cooling system, and some other changes will make it a good contender. I still dont' think it will produce as much rwhp as the gixxer of course but it will be more refined. We will have to see.
IronmanR1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2002, 03:02 PM   #62
Colorado_F4
Registered Member

Default Re: Story stuff

There used to be a site, www.activebike.com, "The Interactive Motorcyclist," which had a section called "Final Analysis". Very similar to this idea. It was the column I most liked to read.

I think it would be great if MO did something like this.

It's always good to read about how people crashed, because it gives you something to think about. Could I have avoided that accident? What did the rider do wrong? Or did the rider do nothing wrong? Makes you think about what to watch out for and makes you realize that sometimes, it doesn't matter what you do.
Colorado_F4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 03:57 PM   #63
SloMoe
Founding Member

Thats why we have different bikes to choose from.. I happen to be very pleased with my Gixxer 2k2 1000
SloMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:47 PM   #64
ram
Founding Member

Since my 2k2 Gixxer 1000 wheelies most of the time, I get a pretty comfortable riding position...
ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 03:53 AM   #65
DaveK
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda CBR954RR Reader Feedback - I agree!!!!

Yep, I agree. I can't tell you how disappointed I was attending the Philly bike show to find that the new CBR953rr OPEN CLASS, SPORT BIKE, did not come with hard luggage, heated grips, CD/Cassette player, GPS, buddy intercom, clock, dual trip odometer, reverse, center stand, OnStar system, floorboards, or chrome grab rails. Instead all we got was this sucky high performance, light weight, fuel injected screamer. Kee-ripes, even both tires are completely, like black, no whitewalls were available. Some nerve of Honda giving us less weight, more power, better handling, updated styling, mondo brakes, ... I know that I won't consider replacing my aging 900rr with a new bike missing all the above comfort essentials. But hey, that's me.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote