Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-23-2002, 01:27 PM   #41
granny
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda CBR954RR Reader Feedback

I'm 51 and frequently ride my Duc 916 on four hundred mile stints. It's no big deal. The GSX-R has ergonomics similar to the GSX-R so I'd expect many GSX-R riders do the same. Likewise, there are loads of 50+ folks that ride road bicycles with low handlebars on rides of over 100 miles per day. It's all in assuming the correct posture - the "first day of prison" posture is far easier on ones lumbar disks than either (a) the "rocking chair" or (b) "GYN exam" postures.
granny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2002, 02:49 PM   #42
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Subscription

Well then, e-mail me (minime@motorcycle.com) with the subject title "Story Idea" and let me know what you have in mind. Of course, this goes for everybody reading this...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 03:42 PM   #43
MrBear44
Registered Member

Yeah, the trunk does go to the back of the pilot's seat (actually a bit under it), and it's pretty deep as well. I've found it to be pretty useful to carry the kind of things you like to take along on a day ride. I'm glad they kept it.

--MB
MrBear44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:37 AM   #44
oldjapbikes
Founding Member

Default Ach"ei"ving perfection...

I had to laugh at the irony.. in the subtitle, it says "acheiving perfection" - acheive is spelled wrong.. it's "achieve" Sorry to point this out, but with all the expectations of being a full subscription publication now...

Nice job with the parts photos. I'm a gearhead at heart and it's neat to see that stuff. By the way, how the heck do they avoid piston slap and wiggle with such short skirts? Did they do what Toyota did with their small 4banger and offset the crank sideways a little bit to lessen lateral forces during the power stroke?

By the way - big thanks to the guy who posted the info on Cincy 929's.
oldjapbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 06:04 AM   #45
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Ach

Grrrrrrr. "I" before "e" except after "c." I'm so ashamed. We'll change it right now. My apologies.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:01 AM   #46
doc929
Founding Member

I didn't say it couldn't done, I just said that the 929/954 is much more comfortable in my personal experience and this seems to also be reflected in every magazine test I have read too in comparing the bikes. The "first day in prison" postition may be more comfortable than (a) or (b), but it is not as comfortable as (c) 929
doc929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:03 AM   #47
4in6
Founding Member

Do you buy apples and then complain that they don't taste like oranges? It is a sportbike not a goldwing or an xr.
4in6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:08 AM   #48
markszrz
Founding Member

How about long term - like 2-4 year old bike tests. Not everyone can afford to buy new and it would be a service to used bike buyers to know how "older" prospective bikes hold up. Just a thought
markszrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:17 AM   #49
RonXX
Founding Member

Yeah, ideas like the used bike comparison would be great. The reason I'm letting my subscription to motorcyclist run out is because all they have is the same crap over and over again. They are only going to write articles that will sell copies off the news stand since that is where they make all their money. You guys don't go on the news stand, so give subscribing readers what they want. I think that would include a fair amount of new bike tests and comparisons, but also something that nearly all the print magazines don't have: interesting stuff for those who are not in the market to buy a new bike every year.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:22 AM   #50
intruderman
Founding Member

Sounds like great fun! Can't wait to see the video. What brand of mount do you use for your video camera? I'm looking for one.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote