Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-22-2002, 06:53 PM   #11
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda CBR954RR Reader Feedback

I bet it is uncomfortable for commuting. It probably doesn't even have factory hard bags available. Get real Honda, NOBODY is gonna buy a bike like that! You'd have to be dumb to spend $10K+ on that when you could have a brand new KE100 for thousands less.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2002, 07:29 PM   #12
rfinn
Founding Member

Youre probably right. I have a 929 and it outright sucks for trials and I keep getting stuck trying to go over trees and such. It's also crappy in bed - but maybe that's me.
rfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:02 PM   #13
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: 154hp + super light weight + comfort + great handling.....

Oh man......if you want some "opinionated" opinions on the bikes, I am open to taking a trip to Cali to help out....... seriously...... please...... really.......
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:04 PM   #14
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Subscription

I must say the the subscription model definitely decreases the amount of posting going on, though with the type of discussion that typically happens in these kind of stories, that's not all bad......
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:29 PM   #15
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Subscription

We agree totally. The obnoxious posters were the first to leave, as we expected. Good observation Mr. Froman. Another notch on your guest-testing belt...
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 01:58 AM   #16
doc929
Founding Member

After a couple of friends told me of their track experiences with on 929s, I fitted mine with a Scotts dampner and have been very pleased. Even if the 954 doesn't unseat the Gixxer power-wise, the RR is a much more humane package. 400 mile rides are no problem for this 50 year old. Try that Gixxer boys!

doc929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 03:47 AM   #17
ciao
Founding Member

Default I'll keep my 929, thanks

It seems to me the actual technical advantages this bike has over the 929, at least for the average sportbike rider, are trivial at best. That's not a criticism, as some model year changes are sure to be rather meaningless. But I doubt many 929 riders who have their bikes set up just the way they like would lay out a few thousand to trade up to a 954, and start all over again. In fact, if I was in need of a new sportbike for the spring I'd look for a leftover new '01 929 which would probably cost a couple thou less than a new 954.

I agree that it's rather astounding that these bikes still do not come with a good steering damper standard. This is a critical modification that virtually everyone with experience on the bike installs (review the posts at www.cbr929.net), for the simple reason the bike is an accident waiting to happen without it.

The pointless knife-edged styling changes detract from the bike. It's also a shame the 959 carries on with such messy graphics.

For my money, I'll keep my 2k 929 until I can trade it for a Honda GP-derived V5 with traction control and electronic shifting. In a solid color, please.
ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 03:52 AM   #18
DurangoKid
Founding Member

This is the funniest comment that I have ever read on this post board, hear hear! I have been a fanatical reader of the articles for the past year or so and now I am a proud subscriber.
DurangoKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 03:56 AM   #19
Grover
Founding Member

If this turns into an a$$ licking contenst for the guest test rider I should warn you all that I've got an 8 inch tongue.

I've also been known to breath through my ears, but I don't think MO's got any women on the staff.

Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 03:57 AM   #20
suzuki2001
Founding Member

Great job MO to get the first 954RR test drive and give it to us within 24 hours of your ride! But lets be serious, the compitition is relentless and the soon to be released Yamaha R1 and proven GSXR will still rival the Honda. Honda wants you to belive that there 954RR is "all new" but the simple fact is that the 954RR is JUST A BORED OUT 929RR!!! Just go online and do some investigating and you will find that Honda had to do something to compete with the R1 and GSXR, but they did not give the time to the bike that it deserved. Therefore they polished up the 929RR and bored it out. Its a holdout. They are going to use this bike for the next two years to hold them until they can really unvail their "all new" bike in 2004. Super sport riders should be mad at Hondas R&D department for overlooking possibly the most exciting and competitive class on the market.
suzuki2001 is offline   Reply With Quote