Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-17-2002, 05:07 PM   #1
mcjunkie
Founding Member

Default Re: Power Cruiser Feedback

first post! woohoo..

I knew the yamaha would pullout a victory
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2002, 05:32 PM   #2
Dryfly
Registered Member

If the Kawazuki Mean Streak had an engine, I'd buy one tomorrow. It has the cleanest lines in terms of looks then any of the new cruisers. When power is considered, it's off to the corner you bad little (underpowered) bike.
Dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 05:59 PM   #3
hawkrider
Founding Member

How can you talk about POWER CRUISERS and not mention the Valkyrie. Why not have a 2 or 3 day trip/test and include the Valkyrie. Ride them for a 300+ mile day and tell me which works the best. If riding around the boulevard doing burnouts is cruising thats a joke. These V-Twin boat anchors may look good, if form over function is you cup of tea.

But then again HD has made that an art form.
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 06:40 PM   #4
Neal
Founding Member

Okay.....you had a momentary slump(happens to us all)and screwed up the original comparo

But now you are back on your game and made a more reasonable decision to overwhelmingly pick the Warrior over the underpowered Meanstreak.Now......how bout a straight up comparo between the Warrior and the VRod......should be much more interesting
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:08 PM   #5
Seeya
Founding Member

Dollar for dollar the Warrior kicks ass over the VRod. That is if you can even get a VRod. Not to mention the mark up you have to pay for.
Seeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:36 PM   #6
blip
Founding Member

Hey! I was proud of us from a publishing standpoint with that story. Believe me, when

we tallied up the votes and the Mean Streak won,

we all said "it effing won?!"

But the MS reminds me of Trent Dilfer: Not the strongest or greatest, but it does nothing wrong and is

dependable in every way. So it seemingly gets

little respect, until you ride it. It's one of the

best rides there is for a cruiser if you can overlook the power, or rather, the lack thereof.

We tried to think of a zillion "valid" reasons to

weasel out of our publishing criteria with the 01power story -- it takes a lot of guts to

pick what we know will be an unpopular winner, especially one that no one was fervently behind but got consistently high votes across-the-board...

But, then again, I was pissed the V-Max didn't win, and not many people agreed with me, so, what's the matter with you'all?! Freaks.

Oh, wait, I'm not done ranting. I thought the Mean

Streak was the best-looking cruiser I've seen in a long time, until the Warrior rolled in. It's stunning to look at, definitely the coolest thing

around now.
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 07:39 PM   #7
desertbilly
Founding Member

Default Finally

Two bikes -- one very good, the other even better; one $11,000, the other $12,000; both are available on dealers floors today; an average guy can go down and write a check or sign a note, and ride one for years without having to spend many more thousands of dollars on aftermarket parts, repairs, insurance, or chiropractors -- this is what, IMO, motorcycling is supposed to be about. Thank you Kawasaki, Yamaha and MO.
desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 09:53 PM   #8
itchface
Founding Member

MO, your job is not over yet. Now you must procure a Moto Guzzi California Sport and a Harley Dyna Glide Sport, declare a winner 'tween those two, and compare it to the Yammie. Then I'll be happy. You want me to be happy, no? I predict the M-G will emerge victorious.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:14 AM   #9
Eric
Founding Member

I must agree that the Warrior looks much better in person than in pictures, but I still think the Mean Streak has much better lines than the Warrior and VTX. Though the Warrior exhaust is unique, I just don't think it fits as well with the overall bike. The Mean Streak looks better.

The performance of the Warrior, on the other hand, seems quite impressive. That would more than make up for the less complete look. Besides, you can already buy staggered dual pipes for the Yami.

All that being said, I still think the V-Rod is the most striking. It is the most different, and the all aluminum bodywork just looks incredible in person, as does that front headlight. Besides, on the V-Rod, the stuff that looks like chrome really is chrome, not plastic. If only enough were available... I guess I would have to come to the same conclusion as the testers if availability were included.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 04:34 AM   #10
Kirby
Founding Member

I was wondering about the sound that comes out of those exhausts. Viewing the clips it seems those two have a nice V-Twin sound to them. I have heard many Honda Sprits and the like and they sound flat and uninteresting.

These two sound different, or is that just the way it seems from the clips? Do they really sound good?