Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-26-2002, 12:41 PM   #61
BadAndy1670
Founding Member

Default Re: Power Cruiser Feedback

What kind of mileage are you getting on the

road taking it easy, and what was longest

trip so far, I,m looking at buying a warrior

this spring, here in Minnesota it will be 3months before I can even think of going for

long ride.
BadAndy1670 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2002, 09:11 AM   #62
Big_Boy
Founding Member

I test rode the Warrior and the VTX a couple of weeks ago and must admit I went into it liking the VTX and came away dreaming of the day, hopefully soon, that i could buy a Warrior!! The vibration, although more than the VTX, is not bad. At speed, I didn't really notice it, but on the kickstand, the bike kinda jiggles like it just can't wait to get going... and get going it does! It is plenty fast and honestly feels nible! compared to the VTX it feels much lighter than the 100 or so pound difference.
Big_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 08:26 AM   #63
elvan
Founding Member

hah haaaa
elvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:01 PM   #64
pwbyrne
Founding Member

Default Re:

I'm with you on the leather. I don't get that either. I don't think the colour matters much but the kind of coverage and protection it provides should. The gear you have described is what I usually see on cruiser riders. Mind you a bigger problem is that most riders don't wear any protection. But I think it is folly to think a little is better than none in this case. I flipped through a book of photos of motorcycle crashes once, with protection and without. Needless to say I am paranoid to go riding without the best gear.

Comfort is subjective. Some riders riding styles will never uncover the weaknesses of the seating position. Some people don't care it it hurts

As for the arrogance thing. I think I know what your talking about. I don't know if it is arrogance though. I don't know what it is but for me, I have met some of the biggest pricks ever that ride Harleys, and some really normal people. To me it seems more polarized with them for some reason.

One thing I would keep in mind; if it is 'popular' then you are going to get some really shallow people getting involved. It happens all the time. There is the additional things to keep in mind like, that it is the ONLY real domestic motorcycle manufacturer left. This has a HUGE part to do with the appeal as far as I am concerned. Noone else could have created the kind of motorcycle that HD's are. It is unique to these shores.

For my two cents I would like less of an emphasis on the 'biker' image. Big hairy beer gutted, toothless guys, and half naked chics on the back don't do anything for me. This is the one reason that I have not bought a HD to date. I know that not everyone is like that, but that seems to be the predominate image to promote Daytona etc. and the bikes themselves. This would be fine except that there still seems to be an element that is exactly what they seem to be, 'bikers' in the negative context.

I really like the bikes but I am not sure about the image.

My one piece of advice is this. If you like them and you can get over the image thing, then you should be fine.
pwbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 11:08 AM   #65
Hankmw1
Founding Member

is there a "WARRIOR " group or club? I have just over 1200 miles on mine .
Hankmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 11:10 AM   #66
Hankmw1
Founding Member

I'v been getting 36mpg but I'm not really takin it easy.
Hankmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 08:47 AM   #67
Octong
Founding Member

Didn't check during the break in period but now that's broken in I've been getting in the low 40's when I definitely have not been taking it easy.
Octong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 08:51 AM   #68
Octong
Founding Member

http://www.delphiforums.com

has a forum.

Do a search for warrior in the motor transport area.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:43 AM   #69
Octong
Founding Member

I've had a couple of people ride my Warrior since I bought it and it really does sound like the clips. Fairly quiet at low rpms, which I like, but a smooth deep growl when you start to hit it.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:39 AM   #70
Daimon1054
Founding Member

I have a Warrior and it gets a bad rep for comfort. Add the Yamaha "drag bars" it make the bike 100% better the stock bars suck but then at 6'5" I have yet to find stock bars that are worth crap. I also dropped the trashcan muffler and addes V&H lonshots and the look and sound are great. As for the stock seat I think it is fine I put many 300 mile days w/o any problem.

As for the Valkrie a good frien is president of what ever club he is in and he loves his bike for me I rether the Warrior it is all about your prefrence but I will say this, the Val will not show me tail lights yet many have tried.
Daimon1054 is offline   Reply With Quote