Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-21-2002, 03:34 PM   #51
Yamahanian
Founding Member

Default Re: Stick Around Mandrake!

Your reply was dead on and hysterically funny.
Yamahanian is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2002, 07:55 AM   #52
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Thanks...I just get irked with those "mine is better than everybody else's in every way" posts. Now the Valk ain't a bad bike, but the only guy I know who owns one had the fat lady sing on him. Lost a main bearing on a road trip. Oh well, he's as obese as the Valk and carries enough gear for a 3rd world army. No wonder it broke. I mean, that bike looks like a pregnant cow to begin with, then by the time he gets himself & all his stuff on it's comical.
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:15 AM   #53
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Thanks

For answering my questions in an objective, reasoned way- something in short supply on this kind of topic. Very seldom does a Harley fan attempt to defend his marque on the basis of the objective advantages his machine might have in any particular category. Usually you get fuzzy "if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand" type responses mixed with a plea for tolerating differences.

Of everything you said, I agree. However, when you say "Many Harley riders were leather at all times", it's a little misleading. This is true, but it is usually just a vest, bandanna, or sometimes just little short-shorts. Much more ornamentive than protective, which makes little sense.

But that's beside the point. Good response!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:52 AM   #54
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Re: Thanks

I agree it was a good response but still think you were putting Harley riders down at least a little bit. By inferring that they think they look "so cool" you were showing a biased opinion that they are just trying to impress somebody rather than riding for the pleasure of riding itself. You made that assumption based on their choice of motorcycle and clothing style, which is not necessarily accurate. Yes there's an ornamental aspect to their clothing, but it doesn't mean their whole point is to show off --any more than showing off your BNG & Flash Gordon leathers on a sportbike is the whole reason for riding it. FWIW motorcycling in any form or fashion "makes little sense" to a great many people out there. I'm just glad we're not them, aren't you? "We must all ride together or we will all be walking separately."
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:36 PM   #55
imported_Greg_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Power Cruiser Feedback

The Val might be good name for a girl. However, the power criser class is not reserved for touring bikes. I have rode the Val and the Warrior and the Val will not take the twisties with the Warrior's competence. If you enjoy fighiting a big push from a 700 pound bike then go ahead and ride the Val.
imported_Greg_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:11 PM   #56
mparis
Founding Member

Amen to that.
mparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 07:12 PM   #57
itchface
Founding Member

Default More On H-D's

longride, you seem to have a very short memory (among other things, I'm sure). You chided Gabe the Cab Driver for his observation (an observation, I might add, which is shared by a great many motorcyclists)about Harleys, and postulated that his comments indicate he's suffering from "Harley-Envy" and would be riding one of these wonderful motorbikes if only he could afford it.

Yet, you drivel on in your response to me about how non-judgmental you are, and how you'd NEVER insult people you don't know, etc.

The arrogant comments you directed at Gabe the C.D. are what prompted my "rant", but your extremely limited attention span obviously didn't allow you to remember this.

As for my misspelling of the word "buffoon" and the implication that it makes me look like one, I'll grant you that one. As long as you'll agree that the "limitied thinking capabilities" you wrote about accurately reflects your own capacity for thoughtfulness.

I know it's not fair to engage a Harley rider in a battle of wits, but your arrogance and hypocrisy make it so easy and fun, I can't help myself!
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 07:55 PM   #58
Islandcomm
Registered Member

No, actually his reply was both rude and crude.
Islandcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:58 AM   #59
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: More On H-D's

My question, for those who were awake, was why bring Harley into a thread about the Warrior and Mean Streak? The only reason would be fear or envy. See, it's kinda like all the ugly girls that see that beauty sitting in the corner. They rip the $hit out of her, never within ear shot mind you, out of pure envy. After reading Gabe and his little rant, it sounded like he had the same envy and the same backbone. Simple observation really. Why else post that nonsense on this thread? Maybe he wished he had that girl on HIS bike. If he wanted to find out what Harley people are all about, go up to one and ask them. Obviously that was beyond him, because then he would get an answer straight to his face. My post was a RESPONSE to an insult. Probably you wouldn't know the difference between a provocation and a reaction. Maybe you need to look up those words in the dictionary also. I don't like sport bikes and see no sense in them, but I don't go around on MO and cry and rant and judge the people that ride them. If people like em more power to em. If Gabe and you want to do the "all Harley riders are idiots" routine, I don't mind. Your words show what you really are, and the more you post the more obvious it becomes.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:34 PM   #60
BadAndy1670
Founding Member

Do you what kind of miles per gallon will the

warrior get if you took it easy.
BadAndy1670 is offline   Reply With Quote