Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-18-2002, 04:37 AM   #11
95XV1100
Founding Member

Default Re: Power Cruiser Feedback

Valkyrie? IMO it does not quite fit in. Not a V-twin as the rest of the group is. You need to be a fairly large person to ride it. I could easily ride the Kawi. Yeah I know we have all seen women riding Valks, but just because you can get on and ride one does not mean you can safely operate the thing in an emergency. I believe the Valk fits into a new category... The sport touring cruiser category. The new GW1800 almost fits the category too.

Don't get me wrong as different as the Valk is from everything else I think it is a cool bike.

BTW If the Virago 1100 was still in production it would fit in pretty well and it will out handle any of these bikes.
95XV1100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2002, 05:26 AM   #12
Islandcomm
Registered Member

I don't think much of either of them. 64 and 76 HP respectively, plus vibration. Yeeccchh. Might as well buy a stock H-D.

I ride a Valk, so I've got the best of everything. Torque, HP, excellent handling, eye catching, and little vibration.

"Mean Streak," and "Warrior:" A dorky name does not an outstanding motorcycle make. Those two puppies will see nothing but my taillight when they get on the road....
Islandcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 06:03 AM   #13
Big_Boy
Founding Member

I really like the Warrior, not too interested in the Mean Streak. Would really like to see comparison between VTX and Warrior... Right now I have a 1987 Honda Magna (solid disk back wheel and really cool pipes!) and am looking for a replacement, only BIGGER! From what I've read, the Warrior seems to be the most similiar in focus, cruiser style, but sporty function... However, the sheer monstrosity of the VTX peaks my interest.
Big_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 06:08 AM   #14
Big_Boy
Founding Member

The Valk sounds good, and I am NOT disagreeing with you, but i want the LOOK of a V-twin. Call me crazy, but the look of that Huge flat 6 just doesn't do it for me.
Old 01-18-2002, 06:11 AM   #15
Big_Boy
Founding Member

I took a test ride on a Worrior last weekend, and I can say that it REALLY DOES SOUND THAT GOOD! I don't really care for the look of that HUGE can, but it puts out a mean grumble!
Old 01-18-2002, 06:17 AM   #16
Sphere
Founding Member

Yeah, a Moto Guzzi.

But most people prefer reliability more than looks or heritage. In this case I tend to agree, sadly. I fell in love with the Warrior add with a very nice burnout...It's also beautiful bike, IMHO. The Mean Streak strikes to me as a boutique-bike, to much chrome and little shiny details. The Warrior looks the meanest...

But a Harley? they are all ugly, except the V-rod.

I like the customized Harleys, though. They are SO different from the stock...but at what a price!

Sphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 06:26 AM   #17
minime
Founding Member

Kirby,

Both the Warrior and the Mean Streak sound _really_ nice in person. In fact they're the best-sounding Japanese V-twins we've ridden. But of the two, the Warrior makes the most Harley-like sounds, especially rolling on the throttle from low RPM. Heck, more than once, the sound made me think I was riding our Softail Deuce.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 06:27 AM   #18
mandrake_the_mollusk
Founding Member

Default Speaking of incredibly stupid names...

do you feel like you're in a Wagnerian opera or your own bedroom when you ride the fat lady?

(so-named because the sounds it produces are similarly obnoxious, I suspect)
mandrake_the_mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 06:32 AM   #19
minime
Founding Member

Big_Boy,

The VTX is, without a doubt, the largest peice of _cruiser_ you'll swing a leg over. Without a doubt it's larger, heavier and has more torque than either of these bikes, but it's also _so_ large and heavy that, unless you're going pretty darn straight, either of these other bikes (especially the Warrior) will roost all over the VTX.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 07:22 AM   #20
hawkrider
Founding Member

I agree with you, The Valkyrie is in a class of it's own.
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote