Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
MRE's aren't too bad. The C rats and "emergency" lunches we used to get working 24 and carry on boiler cleaning were f'n vile.
I would agree. M'sRE weren't too bad, but I did find them to be a bit binding.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 11-06-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #12
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Nope,they get paid to die in war, not on bikes!
Now thats what I dont understand, I'am left standing, and dazed by the disposable attitude our government seem's to have with our troops. Or maybe its just me?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Now thats what I dont understand, I'am left standing, and dazed by the disposable attitude our government seem's to have with our troops. Or maybe its just me?
Ho ho ho. You're not old enough to remember Vietnam, the Democrats' war, where we lost over 100 troops per week for about 8 years and achieved absolutely nothing. With your worthless public school education you really don't have a clue. From your idiot geopolitical opinions I have to assume that you log onto the Democrat Party website to learn what to think each day. Since your an Obama supporter your basic lack of intelligence is already manifest.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Ho ho ho. You're not old enough to remember Vietnam, the Democrats' war, where we lost over 100 troops per week for about 8 years and achieved absolutely nothing. With your worthless public school education you really don't have a clue. From your idiot geopolitical opinions I have to assume that you log onto the Democrat Party website to learn what to think each day. Since your an Obama supporter your basic lack of intelligence is already manifest.
Why thankyou! You have a nice day too,my fellow American.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 11-07-2008 at 06:13 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Please educate me, seruzawa?
Old 11-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #16
pplassm
Founding Member

Compared to Vietnam, losses in the current conflict are miniscule.

The Vietnam war was incompetently managed from the beginning to the end. LBJ micro-managed day to day conduct of the war, right down to approval of the day's air attack targets. Restrictions on military operations caused unnecessary casualties and limited successes.

The Nixon administration's conduct was little better, although frustrations at the bargaining table eventually led to escalation of bombing, and turned things around enough so a negotiated solution was reached.

In the end, after our departure, the Democrat controlled congress refused to fund further defense of RV and the North overran the South with massive support from the Soviet Union.

In any case, it looks like this Iraq adventure will be licked in the near future. Just in time for Obama to pull the remainder of our troops out, and take all the credit. How convenient.

There are more books and articles written on what happened then than I could possibly point out. My favorite is "Thud Ridge" by Jack Broughton, but I'm an airplane guy.

Amazon.com: Thud Ridge: F-105 Thunderchief missions over Vietnam: Jack Broughton, Hanson Baldwin: Books

Last edited by pplassm : 11-07-2008 at 10:11 AM.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #17
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

The trouble with MacNamara all the way to Rumsfeld is they want to fight wars in penny packets, barely enough troops to get the job done.. limited objectives and comand micromanagement..

I think if you are going to commit to fighting and putting our sons and daughters at risk then you take a lesson from Patton, Guderien, Zhukov, Rokossovsky, Konev and Arthur Harris... Throw everything you have at them, pound them into mush then burn that to a crisp. They had the right propoganda with Shock and Awe, they just didn't follow through with it.

There should be nothing left of Bagdad but smoldering rubble and fat crows, then you dictate terms and set up a compliant government not this endless f*cking around with green zones and red zones and leadership by commitee

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 11-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Question

Quote:
Hey seriously though seruzawa, leaving my education out of the conversation, I'am I incorrect in thinking this way about our government and our troops?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Compared to Vietnam, losses in the current conflict are miniscule.

The Vietnam war was incompetently managed from the beginning to the end. LBJ micro-managed day to day conduct of the war, right down to approval of the day's air attack targets. Restrictions on military operations caused unnecessary casualties and limited successes.

The Nixon administration's conduct was little better, although frustrations at the bargaining table eventually led to escalation of bombing, and turned things around enough so a negotiated solution was reached.

In the end, after our departure, the Democrat controlled congress refused to fund further defense of RV and the North overran the South with massive support from the Soviet Union.

In any case, it looks like this Iraq adventure will be licked in the near future. Just in time for Obama to pull the remainder of our troops out, and take all the credit. How convenient.

There are more books and articles written on what happened then than I could possibly point out. My favorite is "Thud Ridge" by Jack Broughton, but I'm an airplane guy.

Amazon.com: Thud Ridge: F-105 Thunderchief missions over Vietnam: Jack Broughton, Hanson Baldwin: Books
Thanks for an explanation! I'll try and keep up with my limited and worthless public school education.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #20
Neal
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Wonder if they would have this much of a problem if the deaths were due to fighting the war for our country?
You are way off base here Mole. I work for the Navy....they put great emphasis in safety while on duty. Ther emphasis on safety while off duty (while I dont agree with all their methods)is to be commended. it is not limited to Motorcycle safety. Troops are constantly barraged with training and messages concerning holiday safety,drinking and driving,home safety,etc.Remember,many of these kids are right out of high school,away from parental supervision for first time. Save your anti military /administration views for topics where they are applicable and you may not make yourself such an easy target for Seruzawa's derision.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote