Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
valrossie
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Default Misc News

The second Malaysian International Shipping Corporation (MISC) tanker, hijacked in the Gulf of Aden by Somali pirates, has been freed.
---------------
valrossie
[Right here is where your spam used to be located]


.

Last edited by BrowningBAR : 09-29-2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Spam
valrossie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

Them bad 'ol Somailians...always up to something, they are.

Did you watch the races on Speed yesterday evening? I did, and I noticed quite a contrast. The first race was Rossi and Stoner and the FIM show, then AMA racing at Laguna Seca with Bostrom et. al. What a difference! The FIM riders looked like they'd destroy the AMA guys to me. Like F1 racers versus the go-cart kids.

Just an impression, I'm no race expert like Kirk by any means.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a really, really, really old farmhouse
Posts: 4,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valrossie View Post
The second Malaysian International Shipping Corporation (MISC) tanker, hijacked in the Gulf of Aden by Somali pirates, has been freed.
---------------
valrossie
That's great, now if we could only stop the dumb@ss spammers, the day would be even better.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Just an impression, I'm no race expert like Kirk by any means.
You read any news about Josh Hayes finishing 10th in his 1st WSS race. Not bad for a guy on an unfimilar bike, tires or track. If he finishes in the top 5 and one of the two last races I think he's got himself a job on the World stage next season.

I really think that the top 8 AMA guys are surely equal in ability to any rider on the world stage. Their issue is equipment. If you put Miguel and Neil on the Ten Kate Honda I believe they are top 5 guys every week. Put Ben Bostrom back on the Corse Ducati- podiums often. Let Jamie Hacking ride the GP Kawi and he'll finish higher in the points than Hopkins. We have excellent riders and crap support for them because the Corse teams think of AMA racing as Club Racing.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.

Last edited by acecycleins : 09-29-2008 at 12:16 PM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

You could certainly tell that the FIM was a big-money show compared to AMA.
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
You could certainly tell that the FIM was a big-money show compared to AMA.
That's the whole point I've been trying to make in my "other" threads here and other sites. DMG has the ability to do what is happening in WSBK. These guys are very smart and watched and learned when 2003 changed WSBK racing forever. The Corse teams whined and stomped off. That left the Ducati Cup for two seasons then the Privateers started making way on the 999 and one at a time the OEMs came slithering back. Ten Kate is not a Factory Team. They recieve Factory cash, however. Alstate Suzuki and Yamaha Italia- same thing. DMG needed to shake up things and did. If we loose Factory bikes for a couple seasons then so be it. When they return DMG will have the paddock looking like Grand Am or WSBK and the Factory slime will return and be happy.
AMA ran a Club promotion and DMG wants MotoGP for the USA. It will work. Just wait and see.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,993
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
That's the whole point I've been trying to make in my "other" threads here and other sites. DMG has the ability to do what is happening in WSBK. These guys are very smart and watched and learned when 2003 changed WSBK racing forever. The Corse teams whined and stomped off. That left the Ducati Cup for two seasons then the Privateers started making way on the 999 and one at a time the OEMs came slithering back. Ten Kate is not a Factory Team. They recieve Factory cash, however. Alstate Suzuki and Yamaha Italia- same thing. DMG needed to shake up things and did. If we loose Factory bikes for a couple seasons then so be it. When they return DMG will have the paddock looking like Grand Am or WSBK and the Factory slime will return and be happy.
AMA ran a Club promotion and DMG wants MotoGP for the USA. It will work. Just wait and see.
Good points, since Iv been racing at the club level I'v always wanted classes such as the Seca II challenge, Aprilia Cup challenge. These classes always show true rider ability instead of how much money you have. I think this is what DMG wants, close racing. We will see.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Good points, since Iv been racing at the club level I'v always wanted classes such as the Seca II challenge, Aprilia Cup challenge. These classes always show true rider ability instead of how much money you have. I think this is what DMG wants, close racing. We will see.
It's pretty easy really. Use a hp vs rider weight power to weight ratio and tell all the teams they have to able to have parts "on demand" for all teams. If it's produced for one then all should be able to buy it. No one said "affordably". Just give the option. There is a laundry list of items that Jordan Suzuki would like to buy that American Suzuki says no to because they have to protect the Facotry (Yosh) team. If you take that imbalance and re-balance it then all the bikes can pay to play on a very level field. No one says you can't develop proprietary parts. Just offer them for sale to the other teams. It's up to the team if it's in their budget. In the end, if the power to weight ratio is not exceeded then you should have riders racing on true ability vs R&D capital.
I'd almost bet that the Yosh Suzuki budget (not including riders) is more than that of Alstare and Yosh only travels in the US. I am surely suggesting that Yosh's R&D budget is more than that of Alstare. American Honda, Yamaha (Graves or Factory) and Monster Kawi are not close to their budget and R&D. Ducati is not even close to the guys that aren't close. SO, what's the answer to fix what we know isn't working. DMG is thinking "outside the box" for a reason. If it blows up they didn't say there wouldn't be changes.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,993
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
You read any news about Josh Hayes finishing 10th in his 1st WSS race. Not bad for a guy on an unfimilar bike, tires or track. If he finishes in the top 5 and one of the two last races I think he's got himself a job on the World stage next season.

I really think that the top 8 AMA guys are surely equal in ability to any rider on the world stage. Their issue is equipment. If you put Miguel and Neil on the Ten Kate Honda I believe they are top 5 guys every week. Put Ben Bostrom back on the Corse Ducati- podiums often. Let Jamie Hacking ride the GP Kawi and he'll finish higher in the points than Hopkins. We have excellent riders and crap support for them because the Corse teams think of AMA racing as Club Racing.
I remember watching the Grandprix 250cc guys race at Laguna and the Ama guys mixing in with them J. Filice
was our best hope,....he finished 15th. Jaw dropper?
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off