Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 09-04-2008, 05:50 AM   #1
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default So they really do save lives!

Check this article out about the Oakland P.D. bikes. Classic!

Motorcycle News - Loud pipes and the Oakland Police motorcycle division - Clutch and Chrome

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

And the typical "do what we say, not what we do" fascism of the govt is very clear. Cops are "better" then anyone else and deserve special protections while it's okay for the riff-raff to be run down.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Citizens can make arrests, can we fine them? The ticket should read "$____ for loud pipes, $______ for thinking your better than the rest of us, &_______ for god like sydrom, $_______ for being douche bags."

I hate people.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm not sure you are old enough to remember Gomer Pyle on the Andy Griffith Show trying to arrest Barney. He kept yelling "Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!" Give that a try!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I'm not sure you are old enough to remember Gomer Pyle on the Andy Griffith Show trying to arrest Barney. He kept yelling "Citizen's arrest! Citizen's arrest!" Give that a try!

Oh Wow, you mean you can do that ??????

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Sure you can do it! I have a feeling at the end of it you may be face down on the turf with some bracelets on.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Rossmeyer HD has the concession for all the cop bikes in Broward and a couple of other counties in FL. The bikes usually go out on lease for about 18-24 months, then they come back to be "civilianized" and resold. Almost every bike had to have a Stage 1 kit put on it because the cops hammered out the baffles; and of course they ran like crap because of it. Anybody who thinks a retread cop bike is a good deal: IT ISN'T!! Most of the cops beat the crap out of them because they know they get a new one in 24 months or less.

Fort Lauderdale PD recently announced that they would begin issuing tickets to their own officers for speeding. A few months ago there were 2 deaths within a week caused by cops hauling ass through neighborhoods; no lights, no siren, not even traveling to a call. So they did a study using the existing GPS tracking devices in the cars and found they were doing 100 mph in the parking lots of Dunkin Donuts. In the drive-thru lanes. Speeding officers not above the law; time to nab 'em -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

We pass laws that nobody obeys because they're stupid. That makes virtually everyone a criminal, and we lose respect for the judicial institutions as a result. Meanwhile the cops do not set any kind of example in real life or popular culture...which makes us respect them and our laws even less. It's a vicious cycle. We should only have laws that we can and are willing to thoroughly enforce.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post

We pass laws that nobody obeys because they're stupid. That makes virtually everyone a criminal, and we lose respect for the judicial institutions as a result. Meanwhile the cops do not set any kind of example in real life or popular culture...which makes us respect them and our laws even less. It's a vicious cycle. We should only have laws that we can and are willing to thoroughly enforce.
You're not sounding much like a liberal Ken. What happened?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You're not sounding much like a liberal Ken. What happened?
He saw the video of Sarah Palin firing her AR15 and fell in love, now he's a faithful follower of brother John Birch...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Rossmeyer HD has the concession for all the cop bikes in Broward and a couple of other counties in FL. The bikes usually go out on lease for about 18-24 months, then they come back to be "civilianized" and resold. Almost every bike had to have a Stage 1 kit put on it because the cops hammered out the baffles; and of course they ran like crap because of it. Anybody who thinks a retread cop bike is a good deal: IT ISN'T!! Most of the cops beat the crap out of them because they know they get a new one in 24 months or less.

Fort Lauderdale PD recently announced that they would begin issuing tickets to their own officers for speeding. A few months ago there were 2 deaths within a week caused by cops hauling ass through neighborhoods; no lights, no siren, not even traveling to a call. So they did a study using the existing GPS tracking devices in the cars and found they were doing 100 mph in the parking lots of Dunkin Donuts. In the drive-thru lanes. Speeding officers not above the law; time to nab 'em -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com