Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #11
Alaskan18724
Founding Member

Default Oh, what a tangled web we weave....

It sure seems difficult to find message threads. Guess I'm something of a Carrithers-style Luddite, but the old posting system really seemed to work well, and now I can't find anything. Partly because nobody else seems to be able to find anything, either, and everybody just posts wherever they happen to be. Then again, everybody has to be somewhere....

If I poke around long enough, I can usually find things, and all the usual suspects are hanging around.

CWB
Alaskan18724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
gjbedna
Registered Member

Second the motion.....not because I don't like change, but this is outta control. Simplicity WAS the thing I liked best along with the humor.
gjbedna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:55 AM   #13
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default Me too..............................

I used to come to MO most days to check out the latest stories, news and tests of bikes and gear.

Then things dried up - with most of the new material posted by members and frequently linked to elsewhere.

The new site has been up for a while now, but I dont see any reason to come here other than maybe once per week, and there's not been much of interest.

There's heaps more info on other sites, especially news.

The new MO, so far, is not only clumsier to use but has more ad's than recent content.

Unless I'm using it wrong??............

Maybe they set the bar too high, maybe they're under-resourced.

e.g. It was dissapointing that the story on the Motocyz thingy was headed 'by motorcycle.com staff' but was almost word for word what was on the manufacturers website.
That's not journalism.

Hope things get better or I'll be gone.

That'd be dissapointing as I've been here since day one.
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #14
aeholton
Registered Member

Motorcycle.com has gone from a "daily must read" site to a "check it weekly to see if they put it back" site. MO Staff - You screwed it up!!!!
aeholton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #15
pplassm
Founding Member

Well, I'm kind of getting used to it. Unfortunately, the site no longer has the "punch" it once had.

Also, as long as they keep posting old articles, I'm going t be PO'ed.
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:13 AM   #16
gas_pig
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeholton View Post
Motorcycle.com has gone from a "daily must read" site to a "check it weekly to see if they put it back" site. MO Staff - You screwed it up!!!!
I couldn't agree more. Heck as a web developer even I find MO 2.0 obnoxiously laid out and honorably organized. I'd be willing to keep paying a subscription fee to get back the old site and it's clever writing.

Sometimes 'stripped down' works best. Imagine how many folks on the web would freak out if craigslist did a redesign like this.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:15 AM   #17
gas_pig
Founding Member

...make that 'horribly' organized.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #18
echo15
Registered Member

Default dazed & confused

Thank God you guys are saying this...I thought it was just me and my inate inability to learn new things.
echo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 AM   #19
findangle
Founding Member

yeah it seems since about the time gabe took that other job the folks at MO have gone into hibernation. they spat out this site redesign and made it free (which is good cause the site redesign alienated all the paying customers) but thats pretty much all that's come out of them since..
findangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:56 AM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by findangle View Post
yeah it seems since about the time gabe took that other job the folks at MO have gone into hibernation. they spat out this site redesign and made it free (which is good cause the site redesign alienated all the paying customers) but thats pretty much all that's come out of them since..
Easily the most intellegent thing ever posted on MO. You should run for political office.